- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Configure Firewire on H8000FW Reply To: Configure Firewire on H8000FW

IDeangelis

Hi Praslea

the number of channels you can hear….depends on the routing used AND on the loaded preset.

The routing "Firewire 8 track AB" puts the 2 DSPs in parallel, with 4 FW I/O each.

DSP A is fed from FW INs 1/2/3/4 and outputs signal on FW OUTs 1/2/3/4

DSP B is fed from FW INs 5/6/7/8 and outputs signal on FW OUTs 5/6/7/8

Each DSP thus needs to run a stereo or dual stereo or 4 channels preset and will output 2 or 4 channels signals.

Try loading 2 very different presets to verify what exactly you hear and from which DSP.

1- Yes, you can have 8 channels on FW in Logic. It's also possible your Logic is not properly configured. We don't support DAW software but you may check the Logic example available on the User Manual.

2- no matter how many cables you connect, the H8000 will always output 8 channels of audio.

3- your is the choice. The H8000 can be used thru FW OR ADAT OR a mix of different standards. Personally I prefer using dedicated AUDIO channels rather than computer interfaces as this won't add any load to the CPU and will stay much more steady in every day apps.

all the best

I