- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Routing Utility Question Reply To: Routing Utility Question

Lucin Niega

Hey Dirk,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. I tried the settings you've suggested ,although they made sense to me, they didn't work. I did mess around with the unit a bit and finally got it to work. I still can't get my head around the routing thing, so what I do for know is twist the knob until I hear the routing that I need, lol. Let me give you a little background on what I'm doing and then I will share the routing that worked.

I'm using an akai mpc1000. I take the spdif out the mpc and input to spdif in 3/4 on the 8000. I clock the 8000 via spdif 3/4 (AES 11/12) @ 44.1 khz. I then take analog out 1/2 from the mpc and input them to analog channel 1/2 on the 8000.

I want to send the analog signal to dsp A (dry-beat) and the spdif signal to dsp B (wet-voice), mix them together at spdif out 3/4 on the 8000 and record them into my akai z4 sampler via spdif in.

Here's how I got it to work:

MAIN INPUTS

analog in 1 -> IN 1

analog in 2 -> IN 2

spdif in 3    -> IN 3

spdif in 4    -> IN 4 

DSP A

analog in 1 -> IN 1

analog in 2 -> IN 2

DSP B

spdif in 3 -> IN 1

spdif in 4 -> IN 2

Main Outputs (Analog)

dsp A out 1 + dsp B out 1 -> ANA 1

dsp A out 2 + dsp B out 2 -> ANA 2

Main Outputs (Digital)

Blank

I don't know why the signals are being combined on spdif out 3/4 but that's exactly what I was looking for. Can someone explain why?

Thanks,

Lucin