- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Help with 2 x 2290s patch Reply To: Help with 2 x 2290s patch

jcshirke
Participant

I've studied routing a fair amount in the past, but that's not to say that I still don't have some kind of routing problem. Let me ask you this, though. Can I run the 2 x 2290s algorithm on a regular (non-FW) H8000, since I only have 2 analog inputs and outputs? In other words, if the 2 x 2290 algo is expecting to see signals going to analog outputs 3 and 4 (or, are we only dealing with the DSP's virtual outputs 1-4?) then I don't have any. That would explain why I'm not hearing the 2nd 2290, and why nothing I've tried so far has worked.

I guess I'm confused about how I can run algos on DSP A or B that use more than 2 of the DSP's inputs or outputs. In SETUP INPUTS, I only have analog 1 and 2 using inputs 1 and 2 of DSP A and B. Likewise with their respective outputs. Outputs 1 and 2 for DSP A and DSP B both tap AES/SBU's outputs 7 and 8, which, of course, correspond to analog outputs 1 and 2.

I downloaded the routing utility. Hopefully that will allow me to see physical representations of what's going on.

Jeff