Help with 2 x 2290s patch

Home Forums Products Rackmount Help with 2 x 2290s patch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

I could really use some help with my H8000.

I was trying to use the 2 x 2290 algorithm last night (it's in the vintage bank of presets), but I was only hearing 1 of the 2290's delays come through my amp.

I have my H8000 connected to a Soundsculpture Switchblade GL. The left and right outputs go to two if the Switchblade's inputs. So, the stereo signals should be getting through. I then run out to a single amplifier.

I have my routing in the H8000 set to DSP A and B in parallel.

The info. file for the 2 x 2290 patch states that inputs 1 and 2 go to outputs 1 and 2, and
      inputs 3 and 4 go to outputs 3 and 4. However, I'm not entirely sure what that means.
      Do those ins and outs correspond to whatever DSP you're running this
      algo on? If so, then maybe I have an internal routing problem on my end? I may have some dead inputs or outputs? I'm not quite sure what to check.

I was also wondering, though, if it would be possible to convert this algorithm to a mono patch?  I don't have a stereo rig. I just want the two 2290 signals to go to one amp. There are some other stereo algos in the H8000 that I really wish were in mono, too. If I could learn how to do this stuff myself, I would. I have experimented briefly with vSigx in the past, but I have so little time to devote to learning it properly at the moment, that I'm not sure if it's realistic for me to try to do it myself.

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help, advice, etc.

Thanks,

Jeff

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

jcshirke:

Do those ins and outs correspond to whatever DSP you're running this
      algo on?

They do. Sounds like you need to study the routing a bit (if you have not already, try the Routing Utility from H8000 support section). This will also give some clues about mixing outputs to mono.

jcshirke
      Participant

I've studied routing a fair amount in the past, but that's not to say that I still don't have some kind of routing problem. Let me ask you this, though. Can I run the 2 x 2290s algorithm on a regular (non-FW) H8000, since I only have 2 analog inputs and outputs? In other words, if the 2 x 2290 algo is expecting to see signals going to analog outputs 3 and 4 (or, are we only dealing with the DSP's virtual outputs 1-4?) then I don't have any. That would explain why I'm not hearing the 2nd 2290, and why nothing I've tried so far has worked.

I guess I'm confused about how I can run algos on DSP A or B that use more than 2 of the DSP's inputs or outputs. In SETUP INPUTS, I only have analog 1 and 2 using inputs 1 and 2 of DSP A and B. Likewise with their respective outputs. Outputs 1 and 2 for DSP A and DSP B both tap AES/SBU's outputs 7 and 8, which, of course, correspond to analog outputs 1 and 2.

I downloaded the routing utility. Hopefully that will allow me to see physical representations of what's going on.

Jeff

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.