- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 FW – I’m not a sound Engeenering I need connection help from any of the genius in this forum Reply To: H8000 FW – I’m not a sound Engeenering I need connection help from any of the genius in this forum

t_tangent
Participant

Hi,

Not sure if I can help much as I havent used a Fireface 400 or Sonar, however the basic principles and routing should be similar for most gear and sequencers.

You say you have installed the Eventide Vice Driver and connected via Firewire which sounds fine. Worth mentioning here is that some people have experienced issues with syncing H8000FW to their DAW clock if using wordclock. In my case I do have wordclock connection between my H8000 and Sonic-Core audio Interface, but as I am running most tracks through the H8000 using ADAT I/O, so I have also set the Eventide driver to sync via ADAT.

I am pretty sure that you cannot run more more than 1 ASIO driver at the same time. This is a limitation of the ASIO protocol I think. The exception to this is Logic Audio (Mac only) which has something called an aggregate driver which does allow for running multiple ASIO drivers….or something like that. So in Sonar you would probably be best to use Fireface ASIO. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I would then route from Sonar tracks via the Fireface ADAT which should allow a max of 4 stereo channels I/O depending on the H8000 presets and routing. These can be set up as insert effects or as send and returns which I would think you can do from the Fireface panel, and then within Sonar, but this would be better explained by a fellow Fireface and Sonar user. As mentioned above I tend to use ADAT for routing tracks in and out of
my DAW unless I am running some external gear directly into the H8000
where I also have a couple of Analog I/O channels hooked up to the studio patchbay.

Also worth mentioning is the Routing Utility V2.81 for Windows which is available to download from the bottom of the Support page 

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Harmonizers%20and%20Rack%20Products/H8000%20Series.aspx

This makes changing routing setups within the H8000 very easy, but you will need a midi or serial port connection (midi connection is much quicker of the two.) Also make sure you set it correctly, a description on how to do this is in the manual, and also in Routing Utility V2.8 User Manual

I hope that helps to some extent but perhaps someone else can give more details and/or accurate info 🙂

Cheers

t_t