- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 FW – I’m not a sound Engeenering I need connection help from any of the genius in this forum Reply To: H8000 FW – I’m not a sound Engeenering I need connection help from any of the genius in this forum

Davide Costa

Thank you for the post, very clear and very usefull.

This is exactly how I would have liked to set the all connections up but I failed…..

First thing to say about this set is how to connect via midi the HFW to the FF (in my case 400 model).  I don't know about the 800 model but mine has an obscure little connection I have never seen (help would be apreciated).

What I have tried to do is, to make speak via midi the two components, connect them via FireWire. In this way they recognise each other and I can set the clock of the HF as internal. The good thing about this I can change the rate automatically from my pc ( or, I'm not sure right now, whether the HF actually even change it automatically  when I change it in Sonar).

Coming back to your set up if I connect the two adat In and Out I don't know why but, when in Sonar I insert the "external insert", giving the path for the In and Out signal it doesn't get the Sound In.

First of all a bit of complain to Eventide about the digital connection. They are bad and loose at least for my model. At any small movement of the unit the cables drop out……above all the FireWire connection.

So far this is how I set the HF:

Analog In for HF to Analog Out for FF

Adat Out for HF to Adat IN for FF

Firewire from HF to FF

In Sonar I usually create a bus and insert the External Insert directing the signal In Analog and the Adat Out.

It works but I can see how much I miss from the petential of the Adat In and Out set up you have suggested.

Is there anything, in terms of, routing I may have missed for not having the Adat In signal working?

All the best and thanks for your post

Davide