- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Mysterious hum Reply To: Mysterious hum

merkaba22
I appreciate you observation but this has been a long standing intermittent issue, as you may recall, that I have been tracking since I got this demo unit from Eventide directly a couple of years back.

Like all intermittent issues, they are hard to troubleshoot — I was fortunate enough to document/demo the issue wherein after I removed the Eclipse from the rack, running it into another amp, a Bruno Super 100, and isolated the unit form head cab to show some the various symptoms I am experiencing:

1) Big jump in volume, lately, for no reason at unity gain when inserted into the send/receive loop of the Bruno which otherwise changes the tone tone — a) requires substantial backing off of the output gain level to make usable on the one hand/regain some tonal character and b) not seeing the input gain level responding to various output settings that define the Bruno's preamp send signal.

2) Loud undesirable hum at unity gain

3) High sensitivity to the proximity to an unplugged/disconnected Furman AC 15

To be sure, there have been other similar issues in adding distortion, etc. that are not documented in this video ….