- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H3000 H7600 H8000 How many separate effects parameters can be controlled with a midi expression pedal continuously ? Reply To: H3000 H7600 H8000 How many separate effects parameters can be controlled with a midi expression pedal continuously ?

J20056
Participant

I would never buy Behringer gear that would affect my tone, but as far as MIDI, I just can't see anything wrong with the FCB1010. In fact, I liked mine so much that I bought a second unit, in series, so I constantly have 4 expression pedals available to control my rig. One for wet/dry, one for the mesa TriAxis tone control, and two to control the H7600.
Clearly, the PC Editor is a huge plus. Despite that I am a computer programmer, I just hate to have to read complex and ridiculous MIDI manuals for each different gear. So I do favor gear that has PC Editors, and I suspect others do too. But having said that, the only reason why one might not want to use this unit, which I cannot comment on, might be reliability on stage. I only use my rig in a studio, so I don't know, but you can definitely find out on the FCB1010 Yahoo Users Group (one of the busiests I have ever seen). You'll definitely be able to communicate with "gigging" guitarists and musicians who could attest reliability.
Lastly, there might be some specific MIDI functionality that more expensive units might have, which the 1010 doesn't, but it would have to be somehting really specific. One I can think of is that the 1010 can only assign the MIDI channel of its expression pedal in "global" mode, i.e. a different preset won't be able to change it. There is a guy who developed a $15 chip set for the 1010 called the Uno Firmware, that adds a lot of flexibility.
So at the end of the day, I suspect most pros don't like Behringer as a brand, because acosutically, it's pretty weak, I agree, but as far as MIDI foot board, different story I think. I have jept my eyes open, and downlaoded the instruction manuals of every other MIDI controller out there, and I concluded that the marginal functionality I might gain is completely not worth it against losing the PC Editor ability.
If you have very specific questions related to whether the 1010 can do certain things, I'll be happy to help you, and please note that it works flawlssly with the Orville MIDI codes that Italo gave us a few weeks ago.