- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eclipse V3.5 Block bypass externals – problems Reply To: Eclipse V3.5 Block bypass externals – problems

IDeangelis

Hi Mike

a couple of hours tests here.

First test- Switching between 2 presets having both 2 FX blocks:

Pr.Ch.1 on MIDI Ch.2 + CCs 65 & 66 at 0 recall #234 ResonEchoes with both FX Blocks Bypasses OFF (no Bypass)

Pr.Ch.2 on MIDI Ch.2 + CCs 65 & 66 at 127 recall #203 DesertGtr with both FX Blocks Bypasses ON (Blocks are Bypassed).

The test works correctly!

Second test- Switching between a preset w/2 FX Blocks and another w/only 1 FX Block: 

Pr.Ch.1 on MIDI Ch.2 + CCs 65 & 66 at 0 recall #234 ResonEchoes with both FX Blocks Bypasses OFF (no Bypass)

Pr.Ch.2 on MIDI Ch.2 + CCs 65 & 66 at 127 recall #174 Reverb8 with FX Block A Bypass ON (Block is Bypassed).

Also this test works correctly.

We are using different MIDI controllers. Mine is a desktop Peavey 1600X (deeply configurable professional unit). This device has 16 sliders/16switches. I am using SCENES. The first SCENE stores 3 sliders positions, reflecting first part of test #1; the second SCENE stores their positions for second part of test #1 (the difference is which MIDI prog change is sent out and the CCs values). So with a single switch I can change SCENEs, pretty much like on a MIDI pedalboard.

Same thing with test #2.

I have no solution for you as we do not have your pedalboard.

You may try reinitializing your Eclipse (CLEAR SETUP) and check if this helps. After this, keep Eclipse as the only unit connected to the pedalboard, program it ONLY for the test described above (I have used MIDI MAP 1, changing the presets assignments for Pr.Ch. 1 and 2 only). This may help in case Eclipse is not responding correctly. Please try this.

all the best

Italo