- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Patch Librarian for H-8000FW Reply To: Patch Librarian for H-8000FW

For myself, I have implemented a patch library in the new version of vSigX – it's basically a directory hierarchy of patches that has revision control so you can recall previous versions. At the moment, I have arranged things roughly like:

~/Documents/Eventide/
Global
H8000
database
patches
factory
doug
[other category]
H7600
database
patches
factory
GTR4000
database
patches
[Other model...]
database
patches
etc...

"Global" is where I store what set of patches is loaded into each device. (Since I have more than one Eventide, I wanted to be able to manage them all at the same time.) I have multiple configs stored under different project names. The thing I haven't really dealt with yet is different versions of the system software – should I make a completely different directory ("H8000-5.2", "H8000-5.3") or can I handle it in the database subdirectory? (I'll test it both ways myself, but if anyone has thought about this before, maybe you have a better way of handling it?)

Is it ok to fire up vSigX to get to this patch library or would it be better to have a standalone program? (Building a standalone program would also make it easier to build a linux version – does anyone care about that?)

Doug