- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000FW questions Reply To: H8000FW questions

Patill
Participant

ok, this really screws up my mind right now because I can´t find any routing program for a Mac (all professional musicians use Macs and the H8000FW is a professionals unit, so???).

I just tried to run the H8000FW with my Windows PC and it doesn´t work (who´d have thunk it^^).

So I tried to work myself through a diagram I created and tweaking on the H8000FW myself. I set everything up right but it doesn´t work. It only works if I use some kind of preset, I don´t know which one and I´m also not interested in doing that and not knowing what´s going on, so…

1. First of all I don´t understand what the two connection points at the Main outputs are for in the routing program. Also, there are some previous made connections to the analog channels and some other channels you can´t change (the big grey ones). I think in the Eventide itself they are mentioned as "Main Outputs (Analog)" and "Main Outputs (Digital)". I don´t know what´s the sense of these since you got 8 Main Outputs, those go only from 1 to 4 i the unit?!

2. Input Routing: I wanted IN 1-4 to be the analog inputs and 5-6 the digital ones (S/PDIF 3-4), so I set

Analog in 1 -> IN 1            S/PDIF 3 -> IN 5

Analog in 2 -> IN 2            S/PDIF 4 -> IN 6

Analog in 3 -> IN 3           

-> IN 7

Analog in 4 -> IN 4          

-> IN 8

3. Then going into DSP A, screen looks the same as the inputs.

3. Going into DSP B

DSP A OUT 1 -> IN 1

DSP A OUT 2 -> IN 2

blabla

4. Outputs, this is where it gets really stupid and not so well explained. What do I do?

4.1 If I put S/PDIF 3 and 4 on "Main Out (Digital)", I only get a delayed sound with no effects.

4.2 Also, when I go to the AES Output screen, I can choose an option called "MAIN OUT", what´s that supposed to mean???

All you usually need is an Output Screen where you can choose the output source you want to send the signal to. Just as simple as the input section. You want IN 1 to get the Analog Signal, so you choose Analog 1 for IN 1. Simple as that, but what´s going on in the output section is just not so well….

Please help!