- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount logic pro firewire latency – how do you compensate? Reply To: logic pro firewire latency – how do you compensate?

Inactive

hello

i am a logic 9 user.   first thing, is your 'plug in latency compensation' (prefs/audio/general) set to 'ALL' ? 

i'm not sure how the H8000FW hooks up as i have a DSP7000 hooked up via analogue. so not sure about how the firewire is used or how it appears in logic.

however i do know that if you are using the i/o plug and sending/returning over analogue or digital, the you need to compensate for the latency by using the 'ping' facility, so you need to have your H8000 set to 100%dry to initially enable the i/o plug to set the latency correctly.

also there were issues in logic 8, that might be sorted in 9, where i/o plug on aux busses caused latency weirdness. the solution was to set up the busses in the environment, not in the mixer. its a bit of a long explanation so i won't go into it unless you want me to.

basically i had my template set up in logic 8 with all my outboard set up in the environment, all the latencies were dialled in, so i just had to start projects using my template. i still use my logic 8 template in logic 9 which is why i've not tested if they sorted the latency issue on aux busses.

don't know if that helps but if you want more info let me know.

cheers

jim