- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Limits with the h7600?! Reply To: Limits with the h7600?!

zap
Participant

Hello,

I have been asking in other threads whether the 7600
or 8000 has some sort of patterned or stepped mod source in usable
presets already or if not, then assignable arpeggiator as a mod source
to control other parameters too.  But answers have been
incomprehensible thus far. A gentleman told me they have to be
programmed with the VSIG editor – something I will not be getting
into. 

But also, 4-6 grand is alot of money to spend for a unit if it
does not have some kind of mod source roughly matching what i describe.
  I currently own an eclipse but could possibly do a trade in to a 7600 or 8000 which i
already spoke to eventide on the phone about.  The 2nd gentleman –
phone guy – said he will do research because something like that
patterned mod source definetly should be in the units.  But also, putting this aside, does anyone know if
the only difference between the 8000 and the 7600 is the multi channel
program additions and the two algorithms at the same time thing?  (aside from the virtual MIDI rack thing you just described… i dont really get that as i just used a guitar and switch things with a rocktron all access foot controller… i am either on rhythm guitar or on lead which sometimes needs some cool effects).   so is this 8000 simply just a 7600 with more sounds for surround sound?  in that case I do not need it for a band right?     Everything else about the sounds are the same
right?  because i dont need that many channels.  Or is the 8000 have cooler sounds?  (and lets not forget the patterned mod source… i need very definitive answers if possible because i want this to be my last effects unit decision.  (and also, before getting into the manual of the eclipse – which i might not keep for a better unit, does anyone know if the Q or bandwidth can be adusted to 1/12th of an octave think – like a hair think for notching out or for an example – a band pass notch to add a bit of the thin 5k jet engine boost to a guitar amp?  and also a compressor which has certtain punch features like an API compressor – and can be applied to certain bands only if need be).

this should cover everything.

Vic

Thanks