- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Syncing tap tempo with Eclipse, Pitchfactor and PCM92 Reply To: Syncing tap tempo with Eclipse, Pitchfactor and PCM92

timothyhill

Aro, here's some additional information that might help. Again, I don't have a PCM92, so I can't verify these settings, but I think it'll at least point you in the right direction.

For setting up program change on the PCM92, check the PCM92 UM pages 20 and 24-25 changes. Bank info is not necessary, but MIDI needs to be ON and the Base Channel and/or Virtual Machine channel needs to match the channel that is used to transmit program change data.

For setting up MIDI tempo on the PCM92, check the PCM92 UM pages 20-21. Again, MIDI needs to be ON and MIDI channel config is as above.

If the Eclipse is transmitting successfully to the PitchFactor, then the Eclipse is set up correctly. If not, refer to the Eclipse UM page 46 and 48-49 for MIDI Program, MIDI Clock, and MIDI Channel

PitchFactor MIDI setup is in the PitchFactor UM on pages 41 and 46-51. Refer to the sections on RCV CH, XMT CH, OUTPUT, CLK IN, and CLK OUT.

Remember, MIDI channels on receiving devices need to be set to OMNI or the SAME channel as the transmitting device. MIDI Program Change Transmit and MIDI Clock Out needs to be ON on the transmitting device and MIDI Program Change Receive and MIDI Clock IN needs to be ON on the receiving devices.

MIDI cables go from MIDI Out on the transmitting device to MIDI IN on the first receiving device, subsequent receiving devices should be connected to the previous device's MIDI THRU (or MIDI OUT if MIDI MERGE is enabled) to the following device's MIDI IN.

MIDI OUT >> MIDI IN — MIDI THRU >> MIDI IN — MIDI THRU >> MIDI IN

Anyway, Aro, I hope this helps a little… good luck and let us know how it goes, ok?