- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount h8000fw with nuendo 5 Reply To: h8000fw with nuendo 5

t_tangent
Participant

I think if you want to use it that way then with Nuendo/Cubase yes you can only use one or the other because Nuendo/Cubase only allow for one ASIO driver at any time. Logic however can use the Eventide Dice as an aggregate device, therefore allowing both to be used at the same time.

But there may be a way around it, and that is by using the AES/EBU D25 connectors on the back of the SSL Madi SX  to connect to the AES/EBU on the back of the H8000FW.

The SSL Madi SX if it is the same one I am looking at on their website has 3 x 25pin D type connectors on the back panel and each of those connectors can provide 4 stereo inputs and outputs, i.e. 8 input and 8 output channels each.

The H8000FW also has 2 x 25pin D type connectors which also allow 8 channels of AES 24-bit at 44.1kHz – 96kHz

So in theory you should be able to link that up and then set up H8000FW as an External FX Instrument or Bus using the SSL AES/EBU I/O, and that should always be available once set up.

Read the following manual ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Archives/Nuendo_2/Docs_English/Nuendo_21_Operation_Manual_en_11082K.pdf on page 20. This is done slightly differently on Cubase but similar so it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Hope that gives you another perspective and hope what I have said is correct and makes sense. Good luck and let us know how you get on with it.