h8000fw with nuendo 5

Home Forums Products Rackmount h8000fw with nuendo 5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      fabrizio prioriello
      Participant

hello everyone

I'm using Nuendo 5 with a mac pro intel…I always used my h8000fw with the I/O analogue but I would like to give it a try via firewire.

I saw on the manual there's a logic  /H8000fw exemple but i can't get it to work with my Nuendo 5…I installed the drivers and my computers recognize the H8000fw…is there someone that uses H8000fw with Cubase or Nuendo that could help me out…

thanks

Fabrizio

ameyrairikar

Hi Fabrizio

I think the menu for Cubase 5 and Nuendo 5 should be similar.So inside the Device – Device Setip – VST Audio System menu, you should be able to see ASIO Eventide Dice as an option for the I/O.

Once you do that, you can activate the firewire channels as audio buses using the device – vst connections menu. I recommend using the routing utility to get more comfort with regards to routing the audio the way you want.

Sincerely

Amey Rairikar

fabrizio prioriello
      Participant

thanks for your reply

The problem is that i use the SSL madi sx as my soundcard .The asio system i put the option madiextreme of ssl .Is there an other option?

tnx

fabrizio prioriello
      Participant

hello Amey

Thanks for the reply but at the asio system i chose the option madiextreme cause i use tha SSL madi sx sound card…Is there another option?

tnx

ameyrairikar

When you go into the Device Setup – (asio system) menu….you should be able to see a list of ASIO devices attached to your system. So you should be able to see Eventide Dice in the drop down menu in ASIO devices.

fabrizio prioriello
      Participant

Yes your right….i see h8000….but when i choose the h8000 option i loose my madiextreme(soundcard) and i don't hear anything anynore

ameyrairikar

Yes thats right, you have configured your soundcard to be the audio output from your computer. In Nuendo the audio output will be sent to the firewire port of the H8000Fw. So have to route your audio through the H8000 to get the audio output.

For illustration heres the routing

h8000(analog in 1 2) — DSP A —-Firewire Out 1-2—Cubase/Nuendo

Cubase/Nuendo —Firewire 1-2 In —DSP (A or B)

Main Outs 1-2 —-Analog Outs 1-2—Speakers

fabrizio prioriello
      Participant

Does this means for this to work i have to use my H8000fw as my main soundcard?

ameyrairikar

You can hook up the H8000 Analog outs to your soundcard  ,but in Cubase /Nuendo you will be able to access either the H8000 or your soundcard at a given time.

t_tangent
      Participant

I think if you want to use it that way then with Nuendo/Cubase yes you can only use one or the other because Nuendo/Cubase only allow for one ASIO driver at any time. Logic however can use the Eventide Dice as an aggregate device, therefore allowing both to be used at the same time.

But there may be a way around it, and that is by using the AES/EBU D25 connectors on the back of the SSL Madi SX  to connect to the AES/EBU on the back of the H8000FW.

The SSL Madi SX if it is the same one I am looking at on their website has 3 x 25pin D type connectors on the back panel and each of those connectors can provide 4 stereo inputs and outputs, i.e. 8 input and 8 output channels each.

The H8000FW also has 2 x 25pin D type connectors which also allow 8 channels of AES 24-bit at 44.1kHz – 96kHz

So in theory you should be able to link that up and then set up H8000FW as an External FX Instrument or Bus using the SSL AES/EBU I/O, and that should always be available once set up.

Read the following manual ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Archives/Nuendo_2/Docs_English/Nuendo_21_Operation_Manual_en_11082K.pdf on page 20. This is done slightly differently on Cubase but similar so it shouldnt be too hard to figure out.

Hope that gives you another perspective and hope what I have said is correct and makes sense. Good luck and let us know how you get on with it.

fabrizio prioriello
      Participant

Ok thanks for your help…. your absolutely right,  i could only use only one ASIO at a time with Cubase/Nuendo….well i think for now i will use the external fx (H8000fw) via analogue with my a/d madi-sx converter…sounds amazing…i was just wondering if the firewire digital sound was  a little different.

thanks once again for your fast help  “>

Fabrizio

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.