- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H8000 FW – I’m not a sound Engeenering I need connection help from any of the genius in this forum Reply To: H8000 FW – I’m not a sound Engeenering I need connection help from any of the genius in this forum

aboullon

Amazing! Great information! Yes, the process of capturing the sound directly from the amp is what I tried and works fine, specially using two different mics to capture different levels making sure not fall into phase cancellations.  Now, I will also try this week the other ways you mentioned, specially the one using the amp as an effect loop which sounds interesting by getting a tube amp distortion. Question, what DI box are you using to regulate the impedance coming out of the amp? I saw the Hughes and Kettner Red Box Classic DI. Thanks for the detailed matrix connection explanation btw, it really helped me understand the simplistic of it. Also, do you have any recordings you would like to share for me to listen. I would really like to see what people are doing with this incredible machine. Mine is in soundcloud at soundcloud.com/alboullon. Is mainly electronic but soon I will start recording some guitar using the Eventide. I use Ableton Live as my DAW.