- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Any reasons to buy a H8000FW in 2014? Reply To: Any reasons to buy a H8000FW in 2014?

nickrose
Eventide Staff

Hi Homer – I'm glad I didn't scare you away with my replies.

Part of the problem is that the demand for rack hardware (and indeed hardware of any kind) is reducing over time, creating many problems for us and making it harder to justify investing time in new hardware products or improving old ones. This is just something we have to come to terms with.

The current rack products cost us much more to make than they did, as many of the parts are obsolete and can only be obtained at high prices. On the other hand, a total redesign might be more than we want, especially considering the above.

The editor we supply for the H9 is a preset editor, not an algorithm editor so the two cannot really be compared. An H9 without the App would be hard to use – the same is not true of the H8000 which comes with 1500 presets.

I don't think that it is the inadequacies of Vsig that results in the low usage (maybe a little) – the main issue is that most of our users do not have the time, interest or skills required to make use of it. It's not clear to me how it could be improved in such a way as to make it vastly easier to use, even if we had the time. We could improve the cosmetics, but I don't think this is the issue.

Glad you  like your 7000, even though it does not compare to an H8000FW ..