- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide H9000 Reply To: Eventide H9000

markiv2290
Participant
AAgnello wrote:

The H9000 will hold up to 4 quad-core ARMs so that it can run 16 H8000-class algorithms simultaneously. 

This looks like a modern architecture compared to the previous rack efforts. Since the H9000 is modular, I guess Eventide could make a version with *less* cores to accomodate setups that do not require that insane amount of processing power (I don’t think I need 16 simultaneous H8000 algos) but would still benefit from the modernized architecture, connectivity & GUI which brings the unit up to current market standards.

Yes that may seem contradictory to what most people would wish in a processor (i.e. ever more processing power), but outside from outboard processing there is another application to the current Eventide lineup of rack units and that is: guitar FX racks. I know it might well not be the target market for Eventide. But still many guitarists own Eventide rack units and swear by them. I myself would certainly be interested in a unit built on that new modernized platform, with the same processing power as the current H8000FW (which is plenty) which woul could be offered at a lower price. Better routing, processing and bigger GUI screen than the Eclipse, in a modern package.

Has eventide considered making such a “light” version of the H9000 ?