- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide H9000 Reply To: Eventide H9000

AAgnello
Eventide Staff
M-Goldie wrote:
aagnello wrote:
…Quicker development of complicated algorithms, shorter learning curve for new developers. But also the simple fact that chip manufacturers are advancing the state of the art of general purpose processors much more rapidly than DSP. That’s where the money is. For example, Freescale/NXP made a decision to stop development of new DSPs in favor of ARM because the sheer horsepower precludes the need for specialized architecture. We considered SHARC but determined general purpose is the future and, with the H9000 now running our complex algorithms on a single core of a quad device, the future is now. One further benefit of a DSP platform based on general purpose processors is the simple fact that third parties will find it easier to develop new algorithms for our platform. It’s much easier to port a VST plugin, for example ,to an ARM than to a DSP chip.

Great info!

Do you have a release date on this yet? I’m keen on the blank faceplate version… 🙂

Fair question and I wish we could commit to a specific date. The remote control app is a lot of code and we’ve been working on it for quite a while. We’ll go to beta with the Mac version first and it may not be feature complete at first. We had hoped to hit the date that we mentioned last year, March 31 but I fear it’s likely to slip. We have a few people testing internally and we’re focused on bug fixing/reliability. The H9000 firmware continues to be improved and optimized and that creates a bit of a ‘moving target’ situation.