- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Eventide H9000 Reply To: Eventide H9000

markiv2290
Participant
brysava wrote:

When I first saw that the H9000 was being introduced, I immediately thought, ‘well that’s way beyond my range for my live shows’. But then, after finally reading about all that it can do, I realized that it could replace my high-end Lynx Hilo AD/DA converter, my H7600, my Lexicon 300, PLUS giving me much more routing flexibility–and not to mention the unheard of capability of all these great effects used together as needed. AND, all condensed into 2 rack spaces! In my situation, by selling the things that it replaces, makes it very affordable for me. While I’d love to be able to wait for the cheaper “R” version, I can’t, so I’m going for the full version the minute that it’s out. Speaking of which, can someone at Eventide tell me if the H9000 is still on schedule for this April or May? Even a “don’t know yet” is helpful so that I can time the sale of my remaining items. Thanks!

I see how in your case it perfectly makes sense. I had a similar reflexion regarding my own FX rack, but did not arrive at the same conclusion given the particular equipment that I have, even at MSRP prices. That’s mainly because the H9000 I just so much more powerful than what I need, really. A single quad processor version would do (4 algos total vs 2 on H8000), and most likely even a single dual core processor version would do as well (2 algos like the H8000). Price it like the Eclipse is now and I’m in. That would be a flops-to-cost ratio that’s more inline with the times compared to the aging Eclipse (as good as a processor the Eclipse still is). CPUs have gone a loooong way in 15 years even more so with CPU prices factored in.