- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000, Morphing between presets… Reply To: H9000, Morphing between presets…

donrwatters
Participant
panmorpheo wrote:

Thank you. I think that what you are suggesting is indeed very powerful and flexible but still is not able to produce the same result of the ribbon  in the H9 algorithms. What I specifically consider very useful and missing in your suggestion is the ability to work with 2 presets, say A and B, which you know exactly how they sound and very conveniently can browse and decide if they are the right ones for you to use in any specific application, and to be able to morph between them in such a way that every parameter of the algorithm (not “only” 8, which by the way I agree is already very powerful) morphs from A to the B with total control over the musical effect you are after because, as I said, you know exactly how B will sound like at the end of the morphing from A to B. The solution you are suggesting may produce similar results but you have to put a lot of time and trying before you figure out the exact amount of range for the 8 parameters in order to gain the desired control over the results. Does that make sense to you?

Casual bystander here…

I have two H9’s and the H9000 and I was curious to get this working from a strictly academic point of view.  It works like a champ for me.  I created two parallel algorithms in an FX chain, and automated many parameters that I wanted to mix together.  I was able to easliy morph between algorithms using the main Mix control for each algorithm, along with automating the parameters that I wanted to change.

However, the statement that you’re making is a little confusing for me.  The H9 can only run a single preset/algorithm at a time.  So, there’s no morphing between presets.  There’s changing parameters for the preset itself in the H9, but that’s it as far as I know.  One thing that you’re highlighting is that you need more than 8 functions mapped to parameters.  The H9K can be manipulated by MIDI and expression pedals for any number of parameters, not just the 8 exposed in the general functions for the algorithm.  I have setup the H9K in the DAW and Gig Performer to map all of the inputs and outputs (8 each, 16 total for the algorithm) and the parameters inside of the algorithm, using a Presonus Faderport 16 faders in MIDI mode and a Komplete Kontrol S88 MKII using the encoder knobs, plus expression pedals connected directly to the H9K.  You can map whatever you want, in tons of different ways.  The DAW can do it independently too, sans hardware controller.  This was all within a single FX Chain, but the controls can be extended to the session level and the same can be done for the 4 FX Chains that are available.

So, I’m not sure that I completely understand how it isn’t working in the way that you want it to.  Is it that you’re just looking to have things premapped to a given control that you can map to, without having to go through all of the things that I’ve described?