- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 + Emote + Ethernet Connection via cable direct to an iMac Reply To: H9000 + Emote + Ethernet Connection via cable direct to an iMac

jbamberg
Eventide Staff
ssgrfk wrote:

Can i connect the H9000 directly to the ethernet port on my iMac and somehow configure the Mac OS Network settings so that i can see the H9000 with emote and have the Mac remain on the wifi network?

For emote to be able to connect, there's not much to do.  Just change the network setting on the H9000 to wired ethernet and plug in the cable.  You might have to restart the H9000 to force it to reconfigure the IP address of the wired interface.  The IP address of the H9000 will show up as 169.254.x.y, which is a link-local address (so cannot reach the internet).

If you want the H9000 to be able to access the software updates over the internet, you'll have to share the Mac's internet connection from the wifi to the wired interface (in System Preferences -> Sharing).  Again, you might have to restart the H9000 after you change the Mac's network settings.

Let us know if you need any more help.