- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 1.2 and VSig 3.0 Public Betas Reply To: H9000 1.2 and VSig 3.0 Public Betas

JWSpaceMan

This is tremendous news about the new versions of VSIG.

I’ve dreamed of owning an Eventide since listening to Vai’s Passion and Warfare as a kid in the 90’s.

A few months back I was finally able to pick up a used H7600 & it’s incredible!

After some (serious) effort I was able to get VSIG running on a virtualbox Windows machine (inside my Mac laptop) and communicating over a USB to RS232 (FTDI chipset) adapter.

The question is this: once the new native Mac VSIG is out of beta, and the owners of shiny new H9000’s have had their fun for a while, will those of us on last-gen hardware possibly get a compatibility back-port?

Of course, nothing is owed to us for retired hardware, but these can be lifetime machines, and many hobbyists such as myself are finding their new “hand-me-downs” a good fit to needs and budgets.

It would be a greatly appreciated gesture if we were given access to the new accessibility-enhanced tools for authoring our own sounds (within the confines of our existing algorithm libraries, i.e. not including new algorithms that are part of the next-gen release).

Cheers — Joel