H9000 1.2 and VSig 3.0 Public Betas

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 1.2 and VSig 3.0 Public Betas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
      dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

Attention all H9000 and H9000R users:

We are pleased to announce that the H9000 1.2 and VSig 3.0 Public Betas are now available to H9000 owners, fixing a number of bugs and enabling communication between VSig and the H9000.

VSig is Eventide's custom algorithm editor, allowing for the creation of custom H9000 algorithms and the retrieval of H9000 algorithms from the H8000 or earlier. This version of VSig is an entirely overhauled version of its predecessors, and is available for both Mac and Windows.

If you would like to participate in the Public Beta, you must update both your H9000 and Emote and download the new VSig. H9000 software version 1.2.1 is now available in your updates list, and there are links to the Emote installers below. Vsig can be downloaded through the "My Products" tab of your Eventide website account page, where it can be found in the "Installers" section of your registered H9000. 

If you own an H9000R, you must update your H9000 software using your current version of Emote before updating Emote to 1.2 using the links below.

We should note that the 1.2 Public Beta will appear in your H9000 updates list as Release Type "Unknown". After you update, 1.2.1 and future Public Beta releases will appear as Release Type "Public Beta".

If you should have any issues installing or updating any software, please respond to this forum post and we'll do our best to help you out. With any other questions, requests, and ideas, feel free to start a new thread in the forum – all feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way toward improving VSig and the H9000.

Be sure to check out the VSig User Guide by opening VSig and navigating to Help→VSig User Guide. VSig is quite extensive, and takes some time and patience to master. You are more than welcome to start discussions on the VSig and Preset Development forum should you have questions, or would like to share ideas.

Thank you all again for being a part of the Eventide family, and we hope you enjoy the beta!

Emote 1.2 (H9000R users – please update your H9000R firmware to 1.2 through Emote 1.1 before updating Emote using the links below)

Mac

https://downloads.eventide.com/audio/installers/h9000/emote/Emote-1.2.1%5B3%5D-osx-installer.dmg

Windows

https://downloads.eventide.com/audio/installers/h9000/emote/Emote-1.2.1%5B3%5D-windows-installer.exe

donrwatters
      Participant

H9000 is Out of Date.  Kind of a catch-22 situation.  How does one update without Emote?  I think I’m on the latest of everything, but don’t know if the H9000R is able to do a offline update, since I don’t have the buttons to push to make sure that it’s getting kicked off.

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

Hey Don –

R users must update their H9000 before updating Emote, since Emote 1.2 doesn't work with H9000 1.1.

To resolve this, you can just install an older version of Emote, update your H9000, then re-install the new version again. You can find Emote 1.1.5 in the H9000 installers page.

Sorry for the confusion – perhaps we could have been more clear about the order of operations for the H9000R.

-David

donrwatters
        Participant
        dbaylies wrote:

R users must update their H9000 before updating Emote, since Emote 1.2 doesn’t work with H9000 1.1.

All good now!  Thank you for the quick help.

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

Additionally – if you think you've updated your H9000 but are still getting that message in Emote, you likely just need to restart Emote to allow it to connect to the H9000.

macgee
      Participant

Thanks dbaylies and Eventide team, this is great!

piercedMildred
      Participant

VSIG does not appear in the “installers” section of my registered H9000R on my “My Products” tab, it also doesn’t appear in the “installers” section of the VSIG product page itself.  I was able to update the H9000R and Emote, but can’t find the associated VSIG installer…

macgee
        Participant

You go to My Products and you should be able to access the links there.

If not there perhaps you’ve not registred your H9000 to your Eventide acount?

piercedMildred wrote:

VSIG does not appear in the “installers” section of my registered H9000R on my “My Products” tab, it also doesn’t appear in the “installers” section of the VSIG product page itself.  I was able to update the H9000R and Emote, but can’t find the associated VSIG installer…

macgee
        Participant

I posted, then re-read your message and saw you mentioned you did just that, but alas can’t edit forum posts!!

piercedMildred wrote:

tmoravan
      Participant

doesn’t appear in my list either for my registered H9000

Inactive

To the best of our knowledge this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience.

– Matt

tmoravan wrote:

doesn't appear in my list either for my registered H9000

bsfreq
        Participant

Apparently not. VSig is not showing in my downloads list either. Just registered the H9000 to be able to download VSig.

egrippaldi wrote:

To the best of our knowledge this issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience.

– Matt

Inactive
        bsfreq wrote:

Apparently not. VSig is not showing in my downloads list either. Just registered the H9000 to be able to download VSig.

Please try again when you have a moment, sorry for the inconvenience.

resynthesis
      Participant

Same problem here: On my My products page, the only button regarding registered products is a red Unregister button, on the same line as the H9000 and its serial number. No links to VSig/VSigX there.

Have successfully updated the H9000 to 1.2.1, and downloaded the 1.2.1 Emote, which (after some confusion on my part) connects perfectly.

But: where is VSIG? Not on that page, and not at any of the links on that (My products) page.

Resyn Thesis

Inactive
        resynthesis wrote:

Same problem here: On my My products page, the only button regarding registered products is a red Unregister button, on the same line as the H9000 and its serial number. No links to VSig/VSigX there.

Have successfully updated the H9000 to 1.2.1, and downloaded the 1.2.1 Emote, which (after some confusion on my part) connects perfectly.

But: where is VSIG? Not on that page, and not at any of the links on that (My products) page.

Resyn Thesis

I noticed you have two accounts on the website, both using the same email.  I wonder if that is confusing things.  Your other account is your last name.

– Matt

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

To all those having issues downloading VSig – we can confirm that, for some users, the link is not visible. We are not entirely sure what the issue is just yet, but we will most likely be unable to resolve this before tomorrow. Apologies for the delay! We want to make VSig accessible as soon as possible.

-David

ztime
      Participant

Hi just registered an H9000R. Looked everywhere but couldn’t find how to install the new Software to the H9000R hardware unit?  In Emote Software Updates pane nothing is available. Current Software version is 1.1.5(0) (685b332). Can you let me know how to do it please… Cheers

JWSpaceMan

This is tremendous news about the new versions of VSIG.

I’ve dreamed of owning an Eventide since listening to Vai’s Passion and Warfare as a kid in the 90’s.

A few months back I was finally able to pick up a used H7600 & it’s incredible!

After some (serious) effort I was able to get VSIG running on a virtualbox Windows machine (inside my Mac laptop) and communicating over a USB to RS232 (FTDI chipset) adapter.

The question is this: once the new native Mac VSIG is out of beta, and the owners of shiny new H9000’s have had their fun for a while, will those of us on last-gen hardware possibly get a compatibility back-port?

Of course, nothing is owed to us for retired hardware, but these can be lifetime machines, and many hobbyists such as myself are finding their new “hand-me-downs” a good fit to needs and budgets.

It would be a greatly appreciated gesture if we were given access to the new accessibility-enhanced tools for authoring our own sounds (within the confines of our existing algorithm libraries, i.e. not including new algorithms that are part of the next-gen release).

Cheers — Joel

enable
      Participant

Thanks for the beta. 

Finally we can save from the plugin to the hardware.. very cool. 

But what i really miss is a Favorite Function for algorithms.. 🙁

senordelaflor
      Participant

Hey guys,

I just updated from 1.1.5 to the latest 1.2 beta and the same preset I had loaded for the GloriousAngelics algorithm (5743)’s reverb now sounds detuned. Any one else experiencing this?

senordelaflor
      Participant

Hey guys,

I just updated from 1.1.5 to the latest 1.2 beta and the same preset I had loaded for the GloriousAngelics algorithm (5743)’s reverb now sounds detuned. Any one else experiencing this?

taylor12k
      Participant

where do we get the vSig beta?

taylor12k
      Participant

yeah, stupid me didn’t read all of your post. sorry about that!

i went to register my H9000r but the registration form wouldn’t accept my serial number! 9K-000159

what should i do?

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

No that wouldn't be it. The menu corresponds to both H9000s and H9000Rs.

We do have other ideas though – could you please email dbaylies@eventide.com to work this out further?

-David

taylor12k
      Participant

i emailed last week and never heard back, let me know if i should email again or if you could please get back to me i’d apprecaite it. thanks

igglethorpe
      Participant

I might be missing something, but it appears my H9000 version 1.2.1[5] seems to not be compatible with Emote version 1.1.5[2].  I’m running the latest firmware of the H9000 I can find and installed the latest version of Emote I could find.

The error I’m getting in Emote is: This version of Emote is out of date and can’t be used with the H9000 you are trying to connect to (Expected version 20180717.  Actual version 20190712).  Please update to the latest Emote version.

Is there another Emote version to install that I don’t have access to in my account?

ssgrfk
      Participant

found a bug of sorts with the plugin. After setting up some mappings via the FX Function mappings with the plugin and automating these on one algorithm in an FX chain, this all worked, i added another Algorithm to the FX chain (this worked) then, i tried to replace the 2nd algorithm with something else and this 2nd Algorithm wolud stay the same.

so for example, i have the FX chain with a resonator in position 1, then a delay in position 2. if i then try to swap the delay in position 2 with any other algorrithm, the algorithm in position two would change its name to the NEW algorithm but the algorthm itself would stay the same.. if i tried to swap out the entire FX chain with another FX chain, the emote plugin would simply go into a endless loop of LOADING. only restarting the H9000 physical device would break it out of that cycle

thx

cyborgssc
      Participant

It’s been 12 weeks since the beta began and a full month since the last comment in this thread. Is a production version of 1.2 pushing out soon?

macgee
      Participant

Hi Eventide

I see updates available for H9000

version 1.2.1.8

version 1.2.1.11

I haven’t updated to either of these cos I want to limit risk but also because the release notes give much away.

Is it possible to post some release notes in the forum so we can understand what the differences are and if update is recommended for all, etc..

Thanks

macgee
      Participant

Thanks Joe, great info! Great news about the tempo preference in presets.

I decided to do the update last night – I noticed a change regarding SKNOB, i use this extensively and see that when the algo loads, it’s not using the value obtained from the merge like it was before the update – is that a known change, Vsig to H9K

Now merge doesn’t work but “default” now does. However when using an alternate source to determine what the MAX should be for this knob, I can’t set default higher than minimum. Does that sound expected?  maybe a question for dbaylies

Re Emote 1.2.1[9], where can I download that? I’m still on version from this thread, 1.2.1[3]

Thanks for your help

macgee
      Participant

Thanks Joe, with that emote version I can see the tempo setting atop the algo, unless I missed it in older version.

That change has confused my algos default settings haha
      I agree with you, default value should not be constrained, if one sets it too high then it could be contained by the determined value at load time?
      I use SKNOB3 a lot. For example in that DLYSMP2 algo, I set the max for the sknob controlling ‘max length’ to the cycle period length as it should never exceed.
      I also sometimes do intermediate math between sknob3 output before returning it into ctrl in.
      Does that help?
      Thanks

macgee
      Participant

Actually Joe there appears to be a problem with SKNOB3 – For cases where “merge” is receiving a calculation it’s not updating the Module

Here’s a Vsig – this is now happening in all algos I’ve created where it previously did work (I reversed the DB change to be sure)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzk1qzotftw1xx9/SKNOB%20not%20working.sig2?dl=0

macgee
      Participant

Actually it appears MIDICLOCK/freq_out isn’t outputting anything so the multiply module is multiplying by 0

macgee
      Participant

ok figured it out – It’s the Tempo Mode – so when loading Vsigs it’s in a state where MidiClock out is essentially off – I understand now

There wasn’t a clue in the UI as None of those buttons(bypass, mute, Tempo Mode) are lighting up to show they’re active so took me a while to realise

All sorted

DeWalta
      Participant

My H9000R is not able to connect. “Could not connect to… An Error occuredd…”

After upgraduing the H9000R with Emote 1.1 to the newest firmware and then installing Emote 1.2 (as mentioned above mmany times 1.1 is out of date for new h9k firmware) i can still not connect with emote 1.2 since “an error occurred..”

As the message further reccommends i flushed my Macs DNS cache, restarted the H9000R as well as the cmomputer at least 10 times – all without luck.

I also tried booting the H9k in recovery mode as well as setting up a new Wifi connection (press network button at startup, same dongle installed as always) – again no luck.

manual connection with IP address even with networlk cable is not working as well.

I am starting to loose patience and hope. We are tsalking about a 4000 dollar effect machine asfter all, which always has some kind of issue; may it be sample rate- connection issues via Word Clock as Aggregate Device or connection issues with its controller sofware…

Please help!

J20056
      Participant

I agree with the last point. The main Emote window displays the software (firmware?) version of the physical H9000, but I also have no idea which exsact version of Emote I’m using. Would think it is important as bug fixes are provided, and they may not rely/depend/require on upgrading the firmware.

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff

At present you may view the Emote version number by hovering your curser over the Eventide logo in the bottom right of the Emote window. A tooltip will appear showing you the version. 

J20056
      Participant

OK, the hovee thing works, good enough

urowho
      Participant

Hi

I’m another customer seriously losing patience!

I have an H9000 on 1.2.1[5] and emote downloaded freshly from the website 1.1.5[2]. When I try to run emote it says this version of emote is out of date 20180717 expected actual 20190712

I get the same if I use the public beta.

And to make matters worse, overtime I turn the damn thing off it forgets the network password!

Please 1. Please help 2. Sort the damn thing out.

I wish I’d never sold my H8000, this is more boat anchor than flagship. This cost me £6,000 for goodness sake.

Kind regards

Mike

Afturmath
      Participant

I just received a new H9000R. Where can I download Emote 1.1 to update the firmware? I get a compatibility error using Emote 1.2.2[4] for Mac.

cyborgssc
      Participant

Two things:

1) I am seeing a crash in Emote 1.2.2[4] on a new Mac Pro running OS 10.15.2. Happens during connection to the H9000. The app boots, but crashes within a couple seconds of attempting to connect. The app works fine on my MacBook Pro (late 2014) with OS 10.15.2 so it’s not generically a Catalina problem. The crash stack is always the same, with sqlite3_clear_bindings at the top. Do you get the crash reports that are sent to Apple, or would it be useful for me to send one directly to you?

2) The most recent software version for the H9000 is still listed as Public Beta rather than Production in the update list. Will there be a version actually marked as Production?

J20056
      Participant

When is beta 1.3 expected at this point? Really want MIDI Scenes switching for the 9KR

dcarmich
      Participant

Would there be any way to gain access to VSig to become familiar with constructing presets for an H9000 without access to the unit?

ndoe22
      Participant

Just curious how the next update is looking as far as a release?   

luedmo
      Participant

hi

Just successfully updated h9000 to 1.2.2(3) 🙂

…but now eMote ver 1.2.2[4] doesn’t see the box – says ”No Device Selected” :-0

If I press “+” to add a new device it says: “Manually configure a device by IP address”. The manual says

“Click on the + icon at the bottom of the browser window to manually enter the IP address of an H9000 on the network. This feature can be useful if…”

So I look to see what is going on about IP address under “Network” / “SETUP” and it gives only “0.0.0.0”. My WiFi is working OK, so…

Question: how does one manually configure/add a device? I cannot find this in the h9000 manual or the eMote manual

I also pressed “IP Config” and I see that DHCP is ticked and I get the dialogue: “Your h9000 is currently in DHCP mode. Choose DHCP to initiate a request for an IP address or Manual to configure a static address”. As I do not know the IP address for my box it seems I am stuck?

I have tried rebooting and also going backwards to Emote-1.2.1[9]-osx-installer.dmg – no difference – it still says “No Device Selected”. The Software updates under the H9000 SETUP menu also says “No releases found!”. I have also looked around in the manuals and googled and searched the Forums but could not find any clues.

I see that other people on the Forum also have had some issues with updating. Any tips gratefully received.

Many thanks,

:Lu

laptop: MBP 2012 model

osX: 10.11.6.

H9000: 1.22.[3]

eMote: is on 1.2.2[4]

interfaces; MH2882+dsp

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      ztime wrote:

Hi just registered an H9000R. Looked everywhere but couldn't find how to install the new Software to the H9000R hardware unit?  In Emote Software Updates pane nothing is available. Current Software version is 1.1.5(0) (685b332). Can you let me know how to do it please… Cheers

Hi ztime. If your H9000R is connected to Emote but the updates list is empty, then your H9000R may not be connected to internet, which is required to download updates. Could you verify that your H9000R is either wired to an internet connection via Ethernet, or else that it is connected to a WiFi network? In any case, simply restarting Emote might resolve this issue.

If you still can't see updates, please email dbaylies@eventide.com and we'll work to resolve the issue.

-David

Inactive

Joel, We are pleased that you are enjoying your H7600 and glad to hear you have the previous version of VSig operational. The H9000 is a new platform with different internal architecture and communications implementation. Because of this, It would be a considerable effort for us to add support for legacy hardware. We will continue to make VSig 2 available for current Windows operating systems for as long as possible.

– Matt

JWSpaceMan wrote:

This is tremendous news about the new versions of VSIG.

I've dreamed of owning an Eventide since listening to Vai's Passion and Warfare as a kid in the 90's.

A few months back I was finally able to pick up a used H7600 & it's incredible!

After some (serious) effort I was able to get VSIG running on a virtualbox Windows machine (inside my Mac laptop) and communicating over a USB to RS232 (FTDI chipset) adapter.

The question is this: once the new native Mac VSIG is out of beta, and the owners of shiny new H9000's have had their fun for a while, will those of us on last-gen hardware possibly get a compatibility back-port?

Of course, nothing is owed to us for retired hardware, but these can be lifetime machines, and many hobbyists such as myself are finding their new "hand-me-downs" a good fit to needs and budgets.

It would be a greatly appreciated gesture if we were given access to the new accessibility-enhanced tools for authoring our own sounds (within the confines of our existing algorithm libraries, i.e. not including new algorithms that are part of the next-gen release).

Cheers — Joel

ztime
      Participant
      dbaylies wrote:

ztime wrote:

Hi just registered an H9000R. Looked everywhere but couldn’t find how to install the new Software to the H9000R hardware unit?  In Emote Software Updates pane nothing is available. Current Software version is 1.1.5(0) (685b332). Can you let me know how to do it please… Cheers

Hi ztime. If your H9000R is connected to Emote but the updates list is empty, then your H9000R may not be connected to internet, which is required to download updates. Could you verify that your H9000R is either wired to an internet connection via Ethernet, or else that it is connected to a WiFi network? In any case, simply restarting Emote might resolve this issue.

If you still can’t see updates, please email dbaylies@eventide.com and we’ll work to resolve the issue.

-David

Hi David sent you an email… Many thanks!

JWSpaceMan

Hi Matt —

Sorry to hear that, but thanks for the straightforward answer.

Cheers — Joel

egrippaldi wrote:

Joel, We are pleased that you are enjoying your H7600 and glad to hear you have the previous version of VSig operational. The H9000 is a new platform with different internal architecture and communications implementation. Because of this, It would be a considerable effort for us to add support for legacy hardware. We will continue to make VSig 2 available for current Windows operating systems for as long as possible.

– Matt

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      taylor12k wrote:

where do we get the vSig beta?

To see the VSig Beta download link, you must have an H9000 or H9000R registered on the website. Then, you'll be able to see the VSig download link on the H9000 downloads page.

-David

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      taylor12k wrote:

yeah, stupid me didn't read all of your post. sorry about that!

i went to register my H9000r but the registration form wouldn't accept my serial number! 9K-000159

what should i do?

Looks like you just have an extra 0! It should probably be 9K-00159

taylor12k
      Participant

oh, sorry… no, i did just have 2 0’s when i entered it.. but it still wouldn’t take.

could it be because the only drop down choice was H9000, but mine is an H9000r? so, technically, my SN# doesn’t match to an “H9000” ?

dbaylies wrote:

taylor12k wrote:

yeah, stupid me didn’t read all of your post. sorry about that!

i went to register my H9000r but the registration form wouldn’t accept my serial number! 9K-000159

what should i do?

Looks like you just have an extra 0! It should probably be 9K-00159

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      taylor12k wrote:

i emailed last week and never heard back, let me know if i should email again or if you could please get back to me i'd apprecaite it. thanks

Hi Taylor,

I sent a reply to you last week – I'm not sure why it didn't go through. I've sent you another email. Let me know if that one doesn't get through either!

-David

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      ssgrfk wrote:

found a bug of sorts with the plugin. After setting up some mappings via the FX Function mappings with the plugin and automating these on one algorithm in an FX chain, this all worked, i added another Algorithm to the FX chain (this worked) then, i tried to replace the 2nd algorithm with something else and this 2nd Algorithm wolud stay the same.

so for example, i have the FX chain with a resonator in position 1, then a delay in position 2. if i then try to swap the delay in position 2 with any other algorrithm, the algorithm in position two would change its name to the NEW algorithm but the algorthm itself would stay the same.. if i tried to swap out the entire FX chain with another FX chain, the emote plugin would simply go into a endless loop of LOADING. only restarting the H9000 physical device would break it out of that cycle

This is now known as issue EMOTE-441 in our tracker.

Thanks for the report, we'll look into it. 

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      igglethorpe wrote:

I might be missing something, but it appears my H9000 version 1.2.1[5] seems to not be compatible with Emote version 1.1.5[2].  I'm running the latest firmware of the H9000 I can find and installed the latest version of Emote I could find.

The error I'm getting in Emote is: This version of Emote is out of date and can't be used with the H9000 you are trying to connect to (Expected version 20180717.  Actual version 20190712).  Please update to the latest Emote version.

Is there another Emote version to install that I don't have access to in my account?

Yes! You must download Emote 1.2 using the link in the initial post at the top of this thread. Let us know if there are further issues.

-David

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      cyborgssc wrote:

It's been 12 weeks since the beta began and a full month since the last comment in this thread. Is a production version of 1.2 pushing out soon?

Apologies for taking so long to get this out.  We ended up adding a few small features and fixes that we hadn't anticipated.  It should be in production very soon.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:

Hi Eventide

I see updates available for H9000

version 1.2.1.8

version 1.2.1.11

I haven't updated to either of these cos I want to limit risk but also because the release notes give much away.

Is it possible to post some release notes in the forum so we can understand what the differences are and if update is recommended for all, etc..

Thanks

Hi Grant,

Apologies for being cryptic.

1.2.1.8 adds a feature that allows you to opt in or out of the global tempo on a per-algorithm basis.  You might remember an issue where an algorithm would not sync up to the tempo when first loaded, but if you move the tempo knob or change the tempo, it would suddenly sync up.  We fixed that, but it had some surprising side effects, in that some H8000 algorithms would not sound right when first loaded.  This was because the algorithm's default knob settings would not match the current tempo (and in some cases, would not match a "normal" tempo value at all).  So you can now turn this behavior on or off and that will get saved in your presets.

1.2.1.11 fixes a bug where using AES receive as a clock source can cause clicks to appear in the audio output from the DSPs.

Either of these releases will work with emote 1.2.1[9], which is the latest emote release.

We are trying to get 1.2 finished and productionized.  I know it's been a long wait, but there's a lot to test, and we're a small team.  I would consider updating to these releases low risk.  We were using them at the AES convention last week on the show floor and for demos.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:

Thanks Joe, great info! Great news about the tempo preference in presets.

I decided to do the update last night – I noticed a change regarding SKNOB, i use this extensively and see that when the algo loads, it's not using the value obtained from the merge like it was before the update – is that a known change, Vsig to H9K

Now merge doesn't work but "default" now does. However when using an alternate source to determine what the MAX should be for this knob, I can't set default higher than minimum. Does that sound expected?  maybe a question for dbaylies

Re Emote 1.2.1[9], where can I download that? I'm still on version from this thread, 1.2.1[3]

Thanks for your help

In order to make the H8000 algorithms load in the correct state (so they'd sound the same as if you'd loaded them on the H8000), we made that change to SKNOB, so that the output is initially set from the default value rather than the merge input.  If the upstream control output subsequently sends a value to the merge, it will update with the merge value.

Looking at the module, it is a bit weird in that the specifier "default" is bound by "@min" and "@max" but min and max are control inputs, so there's no way for Vsig to know what these bounds should be if they are connected to some upstream control output.  In practice those min/max control inputs are used to constrain the "ctrlin" input.  I think maybe a possible fix is to change the bounds on "default" so it isn't constrained in this way.

To be honest, I've always found SKNOB(3) to be confusing and I think there should be simpler ways of expressing the common usage patterns of this user object (for example the case where the output is connected to the ctrlin).  I'd be interested to hear how you are using it.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:

Re Emote 1.2.1[9], where can I download that? I'm still on version from this thread, 1.2.1[3]

Sorry, missed this.  Here is a link to the installer for emote 1.2.1[9] Mac OS:

https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=mZ3p4JsSl3NCTZx0SAEDDTHKPDc3NQRk

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      macgee wrote:
      Thanks Joe, with that emote version I can see the tempo setting atop the algo, unless I missed it in older version. That change has confused my algos default settings haha I agree with you, default value should not be constrained, if one sets it too high then it could be contained by the determined value at load time? I use SKNOB3 a lot. For example in that DLYSMP2 algo, I set the max for the sknob controlling ‘max length’ to the cycle period length as it should never exceed. I also sometimes do intermediate math between sknob3 output before returning it into ctrl in. Does that help? Thanks

Yes, thanks.  We'll keep thinking about it.  One common use case in the H8000 algorithms is to ensure that a group of knobs have values that are in order.  For example, frequencies of a multiband compressor.  I think that pattern could be captured more usefully in a single user object that has multiple values that are constrained to be in order by the module itself.

For the issue of "default" in sknob3, I think it should be possible to fix this just by updating the vsig database (sigdb) file.  I've attached a new file for you to try.  You can specify the sigdb file in the vsig settings but I found I had to restart the app for it to read the new file.

macgee
      Participant

Thanks Joe, got that now, awesome!! Didn’t realise it was that easy to change the values in the DB file!! I can now change REVDLY max delay from 250ms to 32500 and that should just work?

BTW, the module: dtonicii appears to support user defined scales; so we actually have the ability to do custom scales on H9000 if I build the algo?

That makes sense regarding SKNOB with Multiband compressor – so basically you’re thinking an Interface module similar to MKNOB but with more flexibility, enabling each contained knob to have it’s own min max but they work together?

Thanks

jbamberg wrote:

macgee wrote:
      Thanks Joe, with that emote version I can see the tempo setting atop the algo, unless I missed it in older version. That change has confused my algos default settings haha I agree with you, default value should not be constrained, if one sets it too high then it could be contained by the determined value at load time? I use SKNOB3 a lot. For example in that DLYSMP2 algo, I set the max for the sknob controlling ‘max length’ to the cycle period length as it should never exceed. I also sometimes do intermediate math between sknob3 output before returning it into ctrl in. Does that help? Thanks

Yes, thanks.  We’ll keep thinking about it.  One common use case in the H8000 algorithms is to ensure that a group of knobs have values that are in order.  For example, frequencies of a multiband compressor.  I think that pattern could be captured more usefully in a single user object that has multiple values that are constrained to be in order by the module itself.

For the issue of “default” in sknob3, I think it should be possible to fix this just by updating the vsig database (sigdb) file.  I’ve attached a new file for you to try.  You can specify the sigdb file in the vsig settings but I found I had to restart the app for it to read the new file.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

Please contact support@eventide.com.  They will forward your message to the team so we can help directly.

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      DeWalta wrote:

My H9000R is not able to connect. "Could not connect to… An Error occuredd…"

After upgraduing the H9000R with Emote 1.1 to the newest firmware and then installing Emote 1.2 (as mentioned above mmany times 1.1 is out of date for new h9k firmware) i can still not connect with emote 1.2 since "an error occurred.."

As the message further reccommends i flushed my Macs DNS cache, restarted the H9000R as well as the cmomputer at least 10 times – all without luck.

I also tried booting the H9k in recovery mode as well as setting up a new Wifi connection (press network button at startup, same dongle installed as always) – again no luck.

manual connection with IP address even with networlk cable is not working as well.

I am starting to loose patience and hope. We are tsalking about a 4000 dollar effect machine asfter all, which always has some kind of issue; may it be sample rate- connection issues via Word Clock as Aggregate Device or connection issues with its controller sofware…

Please help!

Sorry that you are experiencing issues.  Could you please email support@eventide.com with a reference to this forum post?  With the email, could you also include the full version numbers (1.2.x[x]) of the H9000 and Emote software you are using?

KYXTA

[/quote]

Sorry that you are experiencing issues.  Could you please email support@eventide.com with a reference to this forum post?  With the email, could you also include the full version numbers (1.2.x[x]) of the H9000 and Emote software you are using?

[/quote]

Maybe I’m missing something, but where on Emote would you look to confirm which version you have installed?.. I dont see an ‘About Emote’ option in the menus etc. 

Thanks in advance. 

cyborgssc
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

Apologies for taking so long to get this out.  We ended up adding a few small features and fixes that we hadn’t anticipated.  It should be in production very soon.

It’s now been almost 6 weeks since your comment. Is there an update on 1.2 production?

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      cyborgssc wrote:

It's now been almost 6 weeks since your comment. Is there an update on 1.2 production?

We are going to release 1.2 to production next week.  Yes, it has been a while since we last posted an update, but we needed to test the changes thoroughly.  Sorry it took so long.

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff

Have you installed version 1.2 of emote?  The version on the website, 1.1.5[2], only works with production (v1.1) H9000 software.  You can download emote 1.2 from here:

Mac OS: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=UyO59bHWOZKUGC6tWHn8QfPR25yNVORA

Windows: https://share.eventide.com/wl/?id=kbi0jEs53nBmnXXvNAPkXpuSkvVeXjJ8

We are going to release 1.2 to production next week, in case you would prefer to wait for that.

Regarding the password issue, could you please email support@eventide.com referencing this forum post so we can help troubleshoot.  By the way, the team is out until Monday for the Thanksgiving holiday.

macgee
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

Have you installed version 1.2 of emote?  The version on the website, 1.1.5[2], only works with production (v1.1) H9000 software.  You can download emote 1.2 from here:

We are going to release 1.2 to production next week, in case you would prefer to wait for that.

Regarding the password issue, could you please email support@eventide.com referencing this forum post so we can help troubleshoot.  By the way, the team is out until Monday for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Happy thanksgiving Eventide!!

Thanks for these updates Joe – I did a quick test and the gui lags a bit when scrolling algos and continues scrolling once I’ve stopped.

I haven’t tested a lot of algo so will test again over the next few days. I reverted to 1.2.1[9] in the interim

DeWalta
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

Has the new version finally been released?

on the eventide website i am still seeing 1.1.5 and above we are talking about 1.2, correct?

floresp640
      Eventide Staff
      Afturmath wrote:

I just received a new H9000R. Where can I download Emote 1.1 to update the firmware? I get a compatibility error using Emote 1.2.2[4] for Mac.

Hello,

You should be able to see the 1.1.5[2] installers now on the website. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/product/9106/installers

jbamberg
      Eventide Staff
      cyborgssc wrote:

Two things:

1) I am seeing a crash in Emote 1.2.2[4] on a new Mac Pro running OS 10.15.2. Happens during connection to the H9000. The app boots, but crashes within a couple seconds of attempting to connect. The app works fine on my MacBook Pro (late 2014) with OS 10.15.2 so it's not generically a Catalina problem. The crash stack is always the same, with sqlite3_clear_bindings at the top. Do you get the crash reports that are sent to Apple, or would it be useful for me to send one directly to you?

2) The most recent software version for the H9000 is still listed as Public Beta rather than Production in the update list. Will there be a version actually marked as Production?

Hi cyborgssc,

1) We haven't seen this.  We don't get crash reports sent to Apple, so it would be very useful if you could send it to us.  Please email it to support@eventide.com and we'll take a look.  It's strange, given that it works fine on the other machine.  I wonder if the paths to some files or folders might be different, or the permissions.

2) Yes, very soon.  I apologize that it's taking so long to get this release into production.  We needed to do a lot of testing before the break, and at that point it seemed better to wait until the new year before throwing the switch.

cyborgssc
      Participant
      jbamberg wrote:

cyborgssc wrote:

Two things:

1) I am seeing a crash in Emote 1.2.2[4] on a new Mac Pro running OS 10.15.2. Happens during connection to the H9000. The app boots, but crashes within a couple seconds of attempting to connect. The app works fine on my MacBook Pro (late 2014) with OS 10.15.2 so it’s not generically a Catalina problem. The crash stack is always the same, with sqlite3_clear_bindings at the top. Do you get the crash reports that are sent to Apple, or would it be useful for me to send one directly to you?

Hi cyborgssc,

1) We haven’t seen this.  We don’t get crash reports sent to Apple, so it would be very useful if you could send it to us.  Please email it to support@eventide.com and we’ll take a look.  It’s strange, given that it works fine on the other machine.  I wonder if the paths to some files or folders might be different, or the permissions.

2) Yes, very soon.  I apologize that it’s taking so long to get this release into production.  We needed to do a lot of testing before the break, and at that point it seemed better to wait until the new year before throwing the switch.

I emailed the crash report to the support email. Please let me know if you need anything else – thanks.

DeWalta
      Participant

following up here again. It seems the H9000 is now up on 1.2.2 whereas the H9000R is stil, stuck on 1.1.5…

Any word when us R users get the update so that we can get a realiable software version for our otherwise uncontrollable unit up and running?

Thanks,

David

DeWalta wrote:

jbamberg wrote:

on the eventide website i am still seeing 1.1.5 and above we are talking about 1.2, correct?

jfirlik
      Eventide Staff
      DeWalta wrote:

following up here again. It seems the H9000 is now up on 1.2.2 whereas the H9000R is stil, stuck on 1.1.5…

Any word when us R users get the update so that we can get a realiable software version for our otherwise uncontrollable unit up and running?

Thanks,

David

DeWalta wrote:

jbamberg wrote:

The labels on the website are a bit unclear but the H9000 and R use identical software.  The 1.1 release of Emote (labeled as H9000R) is needed to update an R from 1.1 to 1.2.

1.2.2[3] is the first production 1.2 release, accompanied by the new Emote 1.2.2 versions.  The USB installers are available but it should also show up in the list of network updates; if for some reason it doesn't, please let us know.

DeWalta
      Participant
      jfirlik wrote:

DeWalta wrote:

Thanks,

David

DeWalta wrote:

jbamberg wrote:

The labels on the website are a bit unclear but the H9000 and R use identical software.  The 1.1 release of Emote (labeled as H9000R) is needed to update an R from 1.1 to 1.2.

1.2.2[3] is the first production 1.2 release, accompanied by the new Emote 1.2.2 versions.  The USB installers are available but it should also show up in the list of network updates; if for some reason it doesn’t, please let us know.

1.2.2 (3) Idoes NOT show up in my list of Software Updates in Emote. Nothing is listed there actiually.

my H9000R unit is still runinng on a (BETA?) 1.2.1(11) (bd85cf699) version. I am runnning the latest Emote 1.2.2 (4) on a mac and i am at least able top connect Emote with the unit again via Ethernet cable.

However Emote does not give me the option to up (or downgrade) the unit to the 1.2.2(3) or later H9k-software. under “Devices”-> Updates i am not seeing any older, or newer version. Nothing actually.

How can i updgade my unit to the latest stable, official software version? And does all this only wirk whgen conenected via wifi? Will i have o

dbaylies
      Eventide Staff
      dcarmich wrote:

Would there be any way to gain access to VSig to become familiar with constructing presets for an H9000 without access to the unit?

Not at the moment – H9000 registration is required to download the app. 

However, an H9K user has begun posting tutorial videos of VSig on Youtube that show the funcitonality and workflow pretty clearly, so those might help give you a better idea of how VSig works.

One such video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTPCzBjj8iI

Your feedback is much appreciated, though.

-David

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • The topic ‘H9000 1.2 and VSig 3.0 Public Betas’ is closed to new replies.