- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount any way for the h9000 to not say my system is running the wrong sample rate and muting itself? Reply To: any way for the h9000 to not say my system is running the wrong sample rate and muting itself?

donrwatters
Participant

I ended up just disconnecting the USB connection, because it would just change the settings, based on default session settings.  I run everything at 48Khz across my studio, and use a single clock master, which is external to the H9000.  For everything that’s setup, in Dante, ADAT, AES, Computer Audio Interface, it’s all set to 48Khz and has no other setting….ever.  If I plug in the H9000 USB, even if it’s already sync’ed to external word clock, it would reset it’s clock to 44.1Khz.  That has the side effect of me having set the H9000 as the Dante Clock Master resetting all devices on Dante.  Since I’m not using USB for audio and USB doesn’t control any function within the H9000, there was more pain in having it connected for potential USB audio use, rather than just unplugging it and leaving out of the loop.  I hope that a future update will address this, by allowing the H9000 to ignore the USB setting, when it’s not part of the signal chain or any setting that’s been setup for clocking.