- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount New H9000 algorithms Reply To: New H9000 algorithms

joeydego
Participant

I’m listening to the podcast right now. I’d just like to say I think the 9000 is an absolute marvel of engineering and computer science. I’m a very small fish with a modest home studio and I cant imagine many of these will end up in quite a humble setting like this. It’s like having a Sherman tank on your front lawn for home defense. I am in music journalism and reviewed the H9. I don’t know how old your average user is, but my first exposure to the Eventide sound and approach was Steve Vai’s passion and warfare in 1990. I was 16 and that record changed my life. I keep an H9 on my board (I’m playing in Hackensack tonight right down the road from you guys!) and its like an old friend. It’s amazing this is 10 years work and to hear it was almost scrapped is understandable. Truth is, there is SO much already in this box, I dont think I can master it in this lifetime as is. I haven’t even launched vsig. Shout out to Patrick, who sold me on an H9000 at NAMM and was instrumental in getting me up and running. You guys are awesome. Please get some algos out when you can. The only constructive criticism I can offer is at least in my setup, the wireless connection to Emote doesn’t work all too well. I hard wired it so now its a non issue. Other than that, its an amazing piece of gear I feel fortunate to own. I will leave you big fish now to the discussion and go back to reading. Wait, I need to be setting up!