- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 Setup Questions Reply To: H9000 Setup Questions

jbamberg
Eventide Staff
iVardensphere wrote:

Hi gang. I hope everyone is safe and well. I have a few questions while trying to set up my H9000

I am on a Windows 10 machine using an RME interface (I use TotalMix constantly). As I am on a windows machine, I have not figured out a good/approved way to use the H9000 USB channels while still using my normal interface. To this end, I have been using the ADAT channels. I have had some success routing everything through Totalmix and multichannel into the H9000 but when I change sessions, all the established routings get tossed and duplicating the routing is proving to be challenging.

Additionally Emote doesn't recoginize any attached machine. The only available option in Emote is to set up an IP address. I am uisng the latest version of Emote (downloaded today). The H9000 version is 1.1.5. Do i need to find a way to update the machine first or can I do that through Emote, provided I can make the software find the machine?

Many thanks for the bandwidth, folks!

Hi there,

Thanks for the well wishes.

In Windows 10, it's not possible to create aggregate audio devices at the system level, which means that unfortunately you can't use the USB interface of your H9000 and your RME interface at the same time.  Using ADAT is a good way to get around this, but it's limited to 8 channels.  If you need more, and your RME device has MADI, you could get a MADI expansion card for the H9000, which would give you 32 channels of IO.

The way that Sessions work is that the routing is included in the Session, so as you say, when you switch Sessions, the routing changes, and we understand that sometimes this isn't what you want to happen.  We could make it possible to keep the existing routing when changing Sessions, although as the routing depends on what you have loaded in the FX chains, that might not always give you a sensible result.  We came up with a different idea, which is to add a "Global IO" which you could use as a routing source and destination, and that would be the same for all sessions.  The current plan is to bring this feature out with version 1.3 of the H9000 software, which we're targeting for release later this year.  In the meantime, the best approach is probably for you to create your own sessions as templates using the ADAT IO and stick to using those.

Regarding emote – how are you connected?  You'll need either a wired ethernet connection or wifi (using the USB wifi adapter supplied with the H9000).  The emote control protocol doesn't run over the USB connection, which is perhaps a bit unintuitive, but the USB connection only handles real time audio and MIDI data.  It's a good idea to upgrade the H9000 to the latest production version, 1.2.  This can be done from emote or from the unit itself, if you connect it to a network that has an internet connection.  If you need more help with the network setup, please let us know and we'll contact you directly.