- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount How do I restore 4500 manufacturer presets after stupidly deleting them? Reply To: How do I restore 4500 manufacturer presets after stupidly deleting them?

Rosincore
Participant
tron23 wrote:
Is there a way the flash memory can be reprogrammed by the user? I am getting the same message on the 4500 (can’t find any program to load) I am located in Europe, thanks for your support.

So far we haven’t found a way to reprogram the flash memory. Beamish Electronics was unable to do so, and Eventide no longer supports the 4500. A former Eventide employee told us that the 4500 was the first Harmonizer to use flash memory, but they never developed an applicaytion to flash the unit (which they went on to do for the Orville and other later devices). Eventide was eager to move on to the Orville; the 4500 was an “in between” unit.  Theoretically, if a person could find a working 4500 its flash memory chips could be (carefully) unsoldered and then copied to similarly unsoldered flash chips in the ailing device, although I don’t know what technology would be used to re-flash the chips. Obviously a very challenging solution. If you find alternatives, please post them. Thanks!