How do I restore 4500 manufacturer presets after stupidly deleting them?

Home Forums Products Rackmount How do I restore 4500 manufacturer presets after stupidly deleting them?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosincore
      Participant

Call me stupid, but I ran a self-test of the unit using “Test 4500 all” (one of the options you get if you start holding the 5 button and then crank the wheel) without knowing/realizing that, as Tech Note 97 belatedly tells me, it “Will erase factory presets and any card in slot.”

Now when the unit attempts to initialize it reports, “Can’t find any programs.”

I’m pretty sure this is the problem, as I’ve checked and re-checked hardware (re-soldered questionable connections, etc.).

So: Does anyone know how I can restore the presets? Do you know whether they’ve even available anywhere for me to find? Do I need special equipment?

Worse yet, it’s a friend’s Harmonizer. So I feel both guilty and stupid.

Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Where are you ? You may have to send it in to be fixed.

Rosincore
      Participant

Hey Nickrose, I’m in Connecticut. I’m boxing it up to send to Beamish in Cleveland; that’s where Eventide suggested. Hope it works! Thanks for your concern.

tron23

Is there a way the flash memory can be reprogrammed by the user? I am getting the same message on the 4500 (can’t find any program to load) I am located in Europe, thanks for your support.

Rosincore
      Participant

Hi strong 1096. Did you ever sell your 4500? I might be interested. I’m in the USA.

Rosincore
      Participant
      tron23 wrote:
      Is there a way the flash memory can be reprogrammed by the user? I am getting the same message on the 4500 (can’t find any program to load) I am located in Europe, thanks for your support.

So far we haven’t found a way to reprogram the flash memory. Beamish Electronics was unable to do so, and Eventide no longer supports the 4500. A former Eventide employee told us that the 4500 was the first Harmonizer to use flash memory, but they never developed an applicaytion to flash the unit (which they went on to do for the Orville and other later devices). Eventide was eager to move on to the Orville; the 4500 was an “in between” unit.  Theoretically, if a person could find a working 4500 its flash memory chips could be (carefully) unsoldered and then copied to similarly unsoldered flash chips in the ailing device, although I don’t know what technology would be used to re-flash the chips. Obviously a very challenging solution. If you find alternatives, please post them. Thanks!

strong1096
      tron23 wrote:

Hi tron23. Where are you based in Europe? I’m thinking about selling mine. Its features are factory standard presets + Ultrashifter upgrade. Manuals included.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.