- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Does H9000 run hot? Can it be sandwiched between other gear in a rack? Reply To: Does H9000 run hot? Can it be sandwiched between other gear in a rack?

Kamurah
Participant

So I have a follow up question about the H9000 in a rack.

I currently have my H9000R in a 3u rack, with nothing above (open space), however…the width of the H9000 (It is quite wide) does not allow for much open space on the sides of the unit where the fan is.

I would estimate there is *maybe* 1/16th of an inch between the sides of the H9000 and the sides of the rack case.  I looked at another case I have by a different vendor, and if the H9000 was mounted in that case, the clearance on the sides would be the same.  When I feel the top of the unit on the side where the fan is…it does feel pretty warm to the touch…but not any hotter than the Cisco switch I am using (which does not have a fan).  I do have a Dante card installed in the first expansion slot (the slot closest to the side of the unit).

Is this OK?  I saw where Eventide recommended some clearance on the sides…but I don’t see how to make this happen unless I was to cut a hole in the side of the rack…which sort of negates the protection the rack would provide.

Thanks in advance.