AES/EBU, ADAT, and S/PDIF: each support 8 mono channels in and 8 mono channels out.
There are a few general “rules” about signal routing in the H9000 which are useful to keep in mind.
You can only use one of the following digital audio protocols at any given time:
- AES3 (aka AES/EBU) over the DB25 connector
- AES3 (aka AES/EBU) over the XLR connector
- S/PDIF over the optical connector
- S/PDIF over the RCA connector
- ADAT over the optical connector
When using S/PDIF over the optical ADAT connectors, you can only work at sample rates of 44.1kHz and 48kHz. 88.2kHz and 96kHz are not supported.