- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Coming from H7600 to H9000 Reply To: Coming from H7600 to H9000

jerzythepeddler
Participant
joecozzi wrote:
jerzythepeddler wrote:
Does the unit work out of the box like a standard a/d/a converter. For example can I simply plug in an analog signal into the db25 channel 1 and it will come out the adat digital channel 1? Or do I have to manually route it to work this way?

Congrats on your new unit, Josh! All connections have to be manually routed. If you press the FX CHAINS button, you will see a a “Direct I/O” soft button option (bottom left grey button). Here, you will be able to create direct audio pathways between physical audio inputs and physical audio outputs. In fact, you can even mult signal from one input to various outputs. I recommend using Emote to more easily do this.

Thanks! I figured out the Direct I/O after playing around with it. i can’t believe how deep this thing is. And the converters sound incredible. 

Do you recommend leaving the unit on most of the time, since it has a long start up? Also, is there any reason to turn it off from the front button instead of a power conditioner in a rack?