Coming from H7600 to H9000

Home Forums Products Rackmount Coming from H7600 to H9000

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jerzythepeddler
      Participant

I’m looking into getting an H9000. I currently have an H7600.

So is the H9000 almost like having 16 H7600 (with the ability to load 16 algorithms at a time?)

Can I use each algo with a different input/output. For example, could I have all 8 adat digital inputs going to 4 different single stereo algos. And the 8 analog inputs also going to 4 different stereo algos?

I know you can have 4 stereo fx chains on the H9000, but I wasn’t sure if you could route different outputs and inputs to each algo.

Thanks!
      -Josh

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes to all questions.

jerzythepeddler
      Participant

I’m about to pull the trigger and get one, but I had another question.

I read the SOS review and it looks like the converters are better than what I’m using going into the adat in of my prism titan. Can I route any input to any output and use a few channels as just AD conversion? For example, can I run a preamp into the analog line input and route it straight to an adat output? And still have 8 channels to use for fx processing, maybe using usb and setting up an aggregate device?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Yes.The H9000 can function as patch-bay taking advantage of its pristine converters for its analog inputs, then routing them to any outputs. Keep in mind, USB, Pro Tools, MADI, Dante, and analog outputs are ALWAYS available (Dante, MADI, & Pro Tools require expansion cards). You can also have one of five digital output formats available as well – ADAT, AES3 DB25, AES3 XLR, SPDIF RCA, and SPDIF Optical.

jerzythepeddler
      Participant

Well, I just got my H9000. I’m trying to get everything setup and had a question. Does the unit work out of the box like a standard a/d/a converter. For example can I simply plug in an analog signal into the db25 channel 1 and it will come out the adat digital channel 1? Or do I have to manually route it to work this way?

Thanks,

Josh

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

There’s no problem if you leave it on and choose to power it on/off from a conditioner.

jerzythepeddler
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      Yes to all questions.

That is AWESOME! I can’t even fathom having the equivalent of 16 h7600s just sitting there. That’s a lot of power.

Thanks for answering my question!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      jerzythepeddler wrote:
      Does the unit work out of the box like a standard a/d/a converter. For example can I simply plug in an analog signal into the db25 channel 1 and it will come out the adat digital channel 1? Or do I have to manually route it to work this way?

Congrats on your new unit, Josh! All connections have to be manually routed. If you press the FX CHAINS button, you will see a a “Direct I/O” soft button option (bottom left grey button). Here, you will be able to create direct audio pathways between physical audio inputs and physical audio outputs. In fact, you can even mult signal from one input to various outputs.

I recommend using Emote to more easily do this.

Matthias Adloff
      Participant
      jerzythepeddler wrote:

Well, I just got my H9000.

Congratulations! Lucky you, I’m sitting here and waiting for mine to eventually ship since early January 2021…

joeydego
      Participant
      jerzythepeddler wrote:

Well, I just got my H9000. I’m trying to get everything setup and had a question. Does the unit work out of the box like a standard a/d/a converter. For example can I simply plug in an analog signal into the db25 channel 1 and it will come out the adat digital channel 1? Or do I have to manually route it to work this way?

Thanks,

Josh

Save your sanity and read the Emote manual and use that. All the I/O is drag and drop. Really simple once you wrap your head around it. 

jerzythepeddler
      Participant
      joecozzi wrote:
      jerzythepeddler wrote:
      Does the unit work out of the box like a standard a/d/a converter. For example can I simply plug in an analog signal into the db25 channel 1 and it will come out the adat digital channel 1? Or do I have to manually route it to work this way?

Congrats on your new unit, Josh! All connections have to be manually routed. If you press the FX CHAINS button, you will see a a “Direct I/O” soft button option (bottom left grey button). Here, you will be able to create direct audio pathways between physical audio inputs and physical audio outputs. In fact, you can even mult signal from one input to various outputs. I recommend using Emote to more easily do this.

Thanks! I figured out the Direct I/O after playing around with it. i can’t believe how deep this thing is. And the converters sound incredible. 

Do you recommend leaving the unit on most of the time, since it has a long start up? Also, is there any reason to turn it off from the front button instead of a power conditioner in a rack?

jerzythepeddler
      Participant
      Matthias Adloff wrote:

jerzythepeddler wrote:

Well, I just got my H9000.

Congratulations! Lucky you, I’m sitting here and waiting for mine to eventually ship since early January 2021…

Thanks! Hopefully your will come sooner than that.

I seriously can’t believe this thing can do all that it can. I can route anything to anywhere. The flexibility is absolutely bonkers.

Matthias Adloff
      Participant
      jerzythepeddler wrote:

I seriously can’t believe this thing can do all that it can. I can route anything to anywhere. The flexibility is absolutely bonkers.

I’m aware of that the H9000 is the best multi FX gear the world has to offer. If you have unlimited time and don’t care about using warez, you can probably achieve almost the same results with plugins for no money. If you buy every plugin you need to replace the H9000, you will pay more in the end. If you have unlimited time, you probably never get your work done.

But: If you need to get your work done and you are serious, getting the H9000 is a no-brainer. I envy you today 🙂

joeydego
      Participant
      Matthias Adloff wrote:

jerzythepeddler wrote:

I’m aware of that the H9000 is the best multi FX gear the world has to offer. If you have unlimited time and don’t care about using warez, you can probably achieve almost the same results with plugins for no money. If you buy every plugin you need to replace the H9000, you will pay more in the end. If you have unlimited time, you probably never get your work done.

But: If you need to get your work done and you are serious, getting the H9000 is a no-brainer. I envy you today 🙂

In a case study of one, I cannot get the SP2016 plugin to sit as well as the H9000 version. I dont know why, I know its supposed to be the same. It’s just different. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.