- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount H9000 and Instrument Level Reply To: H9000 and Instrument Level

sharbono
joecozzi wrote:
The H9K gives us the ability to switch between -10 and +4 dB operation and I/O pairs, so you don’t have to worry about that with an external device. I use a DB25 TRS snake from the H9K to the RJM to make my connections. I do use some Radial Boxes to make sure I’m able to isolate one side of the rig from the other in case I run into grounding and phasing issues on the amp inputs and effects loops connections. Also, it keeps the rig very quiet . . . This just allows me to adjust the input level to feed the PRE Fx Chain perfectly. The rig is controlled by an RJM MasterMind GT/16.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, that was really helpful. Your rig sounds really cool!

Once I get the H9000 and get in the menu, will I just set everything to -4 and be off and running?

I’d like to use one FX chain very early on for pitch based effects. I’ll be using a Bradshaw/CAE loop system. My only concern was that I’d engage the loop with H9000 FX chain 1 (Pitch Effects) and then hit a drive pedal and I’d be hitting it with too much signal. Does that make sense? If not, I can draw it out.

Thanks again!