- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount in gain / out gain & BYPASS mode Reply To: in gain / out gain & BYPASS mode

tbskoglund
Eventide Staff

Hi Luedmo,

The algorithm bypass preserves the input/output gain levels because this is necessary for the “bypass tails” feature to work correctly. If you wanted bypass tails on, but the output gain was at a lower volume than when the effect was engaged, this would result in the effect’s tails not sounding natural. We have discussed the ability to change the bypass settings so that the input/output gain levels are also bypassed, and this is something that may be added to a future update, but I can’t promise if/when this will be added.

You can very easily setup a footswitch or MIDI message to bypass an effect and adjust your input/output levels at once by mapping both parameters to a Function. You can see in my attached screenshots how I’ve configured both parameters to be mapped to Function 1, and I’ve assigned a MIDI CC to work as a toggle switch to go from 0-1. When the effect is engaged, the input gain is +6dB, and when it is bypassed the input gain is at 0dB. You can even go further with this and map all of your algorithm gains values and bypass switches to 1 function with minimal effort. If you decide that you want a different MIDI CC or footswitch to control Function 1, you will just need to remap the function and all of your linked parameters will remain.

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 3.08.08 PMScreen Shot 2022-02-28 at 3.08.27 PM