Home › Forums › Products › Plug-Ins › Equivocate 1.8.2 wont load in Ableton/Windows Pro 8.2 › Reply To: Equivocate 1.8.2 wont load in Ableton/Windows Pro 8.2
Sorry for your issue. Can you be more specific when you say it won’t load? Is the plug-in not showing up at all in Live?
Below are some general troubleshooting steps. Please follow all the steps and let me know if these resolve your issue:
- Confirm that you have the latest version of the plug-in installed: https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/plugins
- Confirm that you have the latest version of iLok License Manager installed (www.ilok.com).
- Make sure the plug-in license is activated to your machine or iLok dongle in the iLok License Manager.
- If you are using VST2, Newfangled Audio Plug-ins are installed to the following locations by default. Please make sure that your DAW is set to look at the applicable custom folder:VST32: c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Newfangled Audio\
VST64: c:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2\Newfangled Audio\
- If steps 1-4 don’t solve your issue, close your DAW and run the plug-in Uninstaller. The uninstaller is located at Start Menu->Control Panel->Programs and Features->Uninstall a Program
- Open your DAW and rescan your plug-ins, and then shut your DAW again.
- Deactivate and reactivate the plug-in license in iLok License Manager.
- Reinstall your plug-in. If you are installing VST2 to a custom folder, make absolutely sure you are installing the correct 32 or 64-bit version to that folder.
- Reopen your DAW and rescan your plug-ins.
Plug-in not showing up after above steps:
Live 9 and below: Go to Preferences->File Folder and Option/Alt-click “Rescan Plug-ins” to force a deep rescan.
Live 10+: Go to Preferences->Plug-ins and Option/Alt-click “Rescan” to force a deep rescan.