- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount Can’t find the Ultra Pitch Shifter algorithms in the H9000 manual’s list Reply To: Can’t find the Ultra Pitch Shifter algorithms in the H9000 manual’s list

tmoravan
Participant

Apologies for this being more of a rant than an informative post.   Personally, I could care less about the H9/max stuff.

I know Eventide is a for profit company and has to follow the money.   I fully understand they want to stay in business and be profitable.   I just remember when I bought an H910, Omnipressor, SP2016, H3000, and H8000.

Each time,  I was amazed and awed with all the wonderful things that could be done in the land of audio processing.

It felt like the Eventide staff was a bunch of audio folks that happened to be working in the digital domain to create these amazing units.  The mind blowing and actually useful effects that these boxes were capable of generating were astounding.

I haven’t heard/seen that same level of deep audio knowledge and passion in the 9000 so far.   Right now,  it’s mostly just more cleaner stuff than before.   I had more when I had a pair of H8000’s and an SP2016 with all the ROMs.

I’m sure there’s a full office of dedicated,  committed audio folks still there at Eventide,  but I haven’t really seen any of that personality shining through yet with new H9000 algorithms.

That’s all I’m asking for here – let the crazy wonderful amazing aspects start coming through again.