- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500 Reply To: A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500

epiphoneedge
Participant

So,

I finally got the unit home to my humble studio, fired it up and had it 2 errors.  I forgot to get the one, something to do with ROM i think, and it displayed the other time i first turned it on.  but the one said “ERROR – SUGGEST POWER DOWN, host timeout”.   So it fireup, and i load up the banks, and choose delays, and choose a simple stereo delay(number 2 perhaps).   I set it up with 2 aux feeds from my desk, with a simple demo from my last band.  AUX 1 into #1, Aux 2 into #2.   The output is routed back to 2 empty channels.  I see signal is being passed to the unit, as the front input meters light up in time with the song.   But no audio is being output.  I check the return cables via cable tester, both pass.   So now im RTFM(not my first time mind you, but first time with the unit in front of me), and i see there is both a global output and a preset output.  So the global is set to 0db(max), as is the preset output.  I turn up the preset slowly, and nothing.  I tried this for a few presets, in different banks.  Unfortunately im out of time for the night, i will continue this on Friday.  Fortunately, my job gives me ample time to RTFM.

So is this how a bricked unit looks/acts?    I can see the banks/presets, there are parameters that can be adjusted, the input meters show incoming audio, but nothing from the outputs….unless i change a preset and then it gets LOUD for a split second.  I will also be trying to get a sysex file, and see if it will load via MIDI.   IF it does,  i will probably keep it, and start begging for and buying presets.