- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500 Reply To: A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500

Rosincore
Participant

Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT run the self-tests described in Technical Note #47. (These tests are initiated by holding down the 5 key during startup). As the note says, many of these WILL ERASE FACTORY PRESETS and will leave you with a useless harmonizer for which there seems to be no “restore factory presets” software/algorithm/what-have-you. I learned this the hard way. What insanity prompted Eventide to code these “self-tests”– more like ‘self-destructs’ — in the first place perplexes me, unless I’ve totally misunderstood this… I mean, how did does one put preset code on the flash chips in the first place? There’s gotta be someone out there who knows the answer. I just wish I could find him or her.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.