- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500 Reply To: A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500

epiphoneedge
Participant

Gentlemen,

So i got quite a bit of time in with the manual at work just reading and re-reading, and I started to suspect I misunderstood the BYPASS/MUTE/KILL functions.  So back home, I fire it up, make a few changes and….there it is!   Now other adjustments needed to be made(levels, etc.), but yes I have a 100% WET signal.   I’m not sure its optimized for my setup, as the settings are the previous owners(minus a few things i changed),  but i have the manual, so Ill figure it out.  And i wont do a factory reset just yet.   If I understand things correctly, I should be able to copy the factory preset sysex files, and then email those to whoever wants them.  That being said this isn’t going to happen tonight or tomorrow.  I will probably release them as BANKS.  I guess it depends on how large the files are, compressing them, etc.  I’m not the most tech savvy, but i should be able to get this done.  I have loaded files onto a unit via sysex, i imagine it shouldn’t be too hard to copy them off of one.  As always, if anyone has any advice or ideas, feel free to say.