- Eventide Audio

Home Forums Products Rackmount A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500 Reply To: A Search for the way to restore the original preset software to “bricked” units of the limited edition legendary DSP 4500

italoop
Participant

Gentlemen, So i got quite a bit of time in with the manual at work just reading and re-reading, and I started to suspect I misunderstood the BYPASS/MUTE/KILL functions. So back home, I fire it up, make a few changes and….there it is! Now other adjustments needed to be made(levels, etc.), but yes I have a 100% WET signal. I’m not sure its optimized for my setup, as the settings are the previous owners(minus a few things i changed), but i have the manual, so Ill figure it out. And i wont do a factory reset just yet. If I understand things correctly, I should be able to copy the factory preset sysex files, and then email those to whoever wants them. That being said this isn’t going to happen tonight or tomorrow. I will probably release them as BANKS. I guess it depends on how large the files are, compressing them, etc. I’m not the most tech savvy, but i should be able to get this done. I have loaded files onto a unit via sysex, i imagine it shouldn’t be too hard to copy them off of one. As always, if anyone has any advice or ideas, feel free to say.

I don’t think you can download banks! And even if possible I would NEVER do that as Eventide SysEx is quite heavy. Many computers have troubles with that and all sort of data corruption is doomed to happen. Much better if you do a preset by preset dump. Yes, it’ll take a long time…. but heroes are those who win all challenges! Go ahead, master!