#1416 Four Filters – only filter #1 works on H9000

Home Forums Products Rackmount #1416 Four Filters – only filter #1 works on H9000

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      J20056
      Participant

I am trying to use both a low pass and high pass filter without using two algos. I tried the 1416, but it seems that only filter #1 does anything. The other 3 do absolutely nothing. Help.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

I just tested this algorithm and all 4 filters are working for me. How are you routing audio to the algorithm? Note that filter #1 is for I/O 1, filter #2 is for I/O 2, etc., so if you are just routing audio to I/O 1, this may explain your issue. Also note that the “master filter parameters” will override the individual parameters, so this may be causing your issue as well. I found that if I load the algorithm and leave the master filter parameters at the default state, I was able to use a high pass filer for 1 and a low pass filter for 2. Let me know if this helps.

J20056
      Participant

Got it. I thought they were in series from the same I/O. Ok, I can easily send the mono input “in parallel” to each of the 4 inputs, and sum the output. I think that would work for filters as I think parallel summed would be equivalent to serial in this case, since I only plan to do low pass + high pass filters, do you agree?Thanks

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Ok, glad that helped.

Hard to say if the series vs parallel routing for the filters will give you the same result. You can try 2 instances of the alg routed in series with low pass on one of them and high pass on the other, and compare that to 1 instance of the alg summed together with combined low/high pass filters and see if it works for you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.