1745M service manual needed

Home Forums Products Rackmount 1745M service manual needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lincoln989

I know this falls under longshot-ism but I’ve had a lovely old 1745M delay line on my shelf for a few years now and been too busy to look at it. However the world changes and I thought now was the time to try and bring it back to some semblence of its former glory. I’ve done a few H910s and it looks built on the same lines but whereas the H910 has a fairly acquirable manual, this one doesn’t. Maybe the pic shows it’s missing one or two front panel bits too, notably the red LED diffuser and fuseholder.

Anyway if there’s anyone there at Eventide or reading this with a handle on a Service Manual with schematics or/and spares or just servicing knowledge I’d be super grateful. I’m in the UK btw so that would be even better. Happy to pay reasonable costs.

Lincoln

SW London

rfactor
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi!  I was able to find a scan of the original manual and put it on my web site.  http://priups.com/manual-archive/1745m.pdf  I'm not sure it's complete.  I think some pages were too large to scan.  Hope it's helpful.

Richard

Lincoln989

Thank You, Thank You, Richard!

That is the best news I’ve had all week.

Wishing you and your amazing company all the best.

I’ll update if and when I get the thing running.

Lincoln

Lincoln989

Well I got it working. Woohoo. A few logic chips and a RAM. Now I have a question for anyone who has one of these or remembers the detail. Two questions actually:

1: Does anybody have the Harmoniser schematic that was not included in the original manual as it was a later add-on?

2. The Harmoniser has a switch that looks like it should be a 3 position toggle. It’s labelled Delay (top)/Flange (middle)/Pitch (bottom). Only it only seems to work in 2 of the positions despite being a 3 position toggle on my unit. Should it be a 3 position (one side is biased on mine) or, as I suspect, a 2 position and the front panel labelling is misleading. It certainly doesn’t produce a ‘Flange’ effect but then again it might not be fully functional! I’ve never read that these could flange so maybe it was an idea that never made it off the drawing board? Since I’m refurbing it I might as well put in a new switch since my one is a bit bent. I’d love to know what it was originally- 2 position, 3 position, biased one side or no bias.

Incidentally, looking at the pcb tracks it doesn’t look like a 3rd position/function was actually possible since 2 of the pcb pads are unused.

Oh, final question- 3. My unit has the red plastic LED filter panel missing. I’m resigned to having one custom made but if anyone knows of a spares stash that might have one. I know it’s a long shot. I’m in the UK and happy to pay of course.

Thanks in advance anyone.

Lincoln

jagulow

Linc-

My 1745M was DOA when I got it. I sent it to Dane Beamish, Beamish Electronics, 4560 State Rd # A, Cleveland, OH 44109. 1 (216) 351-9599. DBeamish@aol.com He revived it AND he is a plethora of knowledge on the 1745M. 

jagulow

Linc-

I found this in an search. It shows the LED readouts for the Pitch Change Module (PCM) of a 1745M. Hope it helps you.

John

rfactor
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hello Richard, 

I'm trying to repair my Eventide 1745M. I have a problem on the input board. Schematics can probably be found on page 51-52 of the manual, which is unfortunately missing in the PDF file. I could kindly ask you for a copy of these two pages. It would help me a lot.

Roman

Howdy, Roman,

I'm WFH and don't have access to a physical copy of the manual here.  Sorry.

Richard

Lincoln989

Hi Roman, I should have posted this earlier. I will establish email connection. Regards, Lincoln

Lincoln989
      jagulow wrote:

Linc-

My 1745M was DOA when I got it. I sent it to Dane Beamish, Beamish Electronics, 4560 State Rd # A, Cleveland, OH 44109. 1 (216) 351-9599. DBeamish@aol.com He revived it AND he is a plethora of knowledge on the 1745M. 

Hey thanks John. I’ll get in touch with him. Awesome.

Lincoln

Lincoln989
      rfactor wrote:

Hello Richard, 

I’m trying to repair my Eventide 1745M. I have a problem on the input board. Schematics can probably be found on page 51-52 of the manual, which is unfortunately missing in the PDF file. I could kindly ask you for a copy of these two pages. It would help me a lot.

Roman

Howdy, Roman,

I’m WFH and don’t have access to a physical copy of the manual here.  Sorry.

Richard

Hi Roman, Contact me on my email linlinc@yahoo.com as I can forward it from here. I have the schematics. Thanks to Richard’s previous kindness I’ve now fixed 3 of these wonderful units though I have to say they really know how to die. If I did any more I would start by changing all the tantalum caps and the volt regs as they blow up while you’re fixing something else and take more chips with them when they do so you’re fighting fire a lot.

Lincoln

Lincoln989
      rfactor wrote:

Hello Richard, 

I’m trying to repair my Eventide 1745M. I have a problem on the input board. Schematics can probably be found on page 51-52 of the manual, which is unfortunately missing in the PDF file. I could kindly ask you for a copy of these two pages. It would help me a lot.

Roman

Howdy, Roman,

Richard

Hi Roman, Here is the schematic. Thanks to Richard’s previous kindness I’ve now fixed 3 of these wonderful units though I have to say they really know how to die. If I did any more I would start by changing all the tantalum caps and the volt regs as they blow up while you’re fixing something else and take more chips with them when they do so you’re fighting fire a lot. Good luck.

Lincoln

reset_st
      Participant

Hello Lincoln & Richard,

Great! Thanks for the quick response. It will help me a lot. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I hope we can fix it.

Roman

Lincoln989 wrote:

rfactor wrote:

Hello Richard, 

Roman

Howdy, Roman,

Richard

Hi Roman, Here is the schematic. Thanks to Richard’s previous kindness I’ve now fixed 3 of these wonderful units though I have to say they really know how to die. If I did any more I would start by changing all the tantalum caps and the volt regs as they blow up while you’re fixing something else and take more chips with them when they do so you’re fighting fire a lot. Good luck.

Lincoln

reset_st
      Participant
      Lincoln989 wrote:

rfactor wrote:

Hello Richard, 

Roman

Howdy, Roman,

Richard

Lincoln

Hi Lincoln, 

Thanks so much for copying page 51 of the Eventide 1745M service manual. Now the input board and generators are OK, it behaves normally, you can set the delay, etc. 

Unfortunately, only one board works on the output. Other boards are broken. I would like to ask you for a copy of page 52 (probably the output diagram). Without it, it is difficult to find a problem. It would help me a lot. Thank you!

Roman

PS: I sent you an email, but I don’t know if you received it.

reset_st
      Participant
      Lincoln989 wrote:

Hi Roman, I should have posted this earlier. I will establish email connection. Regards, Lincoln

Thanks so much for the copy. I don’t know where else to look for it. Thanks a lot again!

Roman

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.