2 7600’s and a effects mixer for perfect spillover

Home Forums Products Rackmount 2 7600’s and a effects mixer for perfect spillover

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      rptravis

• I tried using my old GTR 4000 for the spillover effects with the 7600 and I am not impressed there is a sonic clarity difference between the 4000 & 7600. So the only way to get what I want I believe is to get 2 7600’s and some kind of a midi controlable mixer so when I cange effects like from a long delay with lots of feed back to spillover or ring out while the new effect say a reverb is coming through. My Big Question is Is there such a midi mixer. Can anyone lead me on this venture!!!!
      •                                                     Richard      Guitar play for Ledzep A tribute to Led Zeppelin

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You could consider an H8000 – this has two effects engines and is MIDI controllable – might be easier and cheaper than two units and a mixer.

rptravis

Well I have 1 7600 already and was led to that by Eventide as the replacement for the GTR 4000 So the 8000 can do the spill over of effects when changing from a effect to another effect. I was under the impression the 8000 was a surround proccessor  and 7600 is a stereo. Well now I am unsure so the 8000 can do this Or should I wait to see what model may come out next?

Richard

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not going to tell you what you should or should not do – this is for you to decide.

An H8000 is a MUCH better deal than 2 7600's, but if you already have one 7600 this may not apply.

You could also consider an Eclipse – much cheaper than a 7600, with similar analog specs. But, on the other side, better to have two the same.

rptravis

So that being said who has a midi controlable mixer to mix the two 7600’s together to create blending and spill over Or is there even such a thing. It also would have to resend midi change signals to each 7600 I did testing when the 7600 recieve’s even the same # it looses the efffect and resets it the deay of the echo is lost. One thing that would help me to avoid having 2 units for now would be able to control the feed back of a delay having it at 97% then with a pedal be able to back off slowly to 70 %  I am using a Behringer midi foot controller pedal FCB 1010 to change my effects but to assign a Control Change to a parameter of a effect is beyond me The VSIG interface is not user friendly but truly the most advanced. It is rocket science to me. The Eventide 7600 has the most percise and accurate sound of any effect’s processor there is on the planet. I just wish I could get this mixing or spillover of the effects and to be able to assign control to certain aspects of the effect easily.

Richard

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Controlling parameter values from MIDI is not as hard as you think, and would appear to resolve many of your problems.

Look at the Manual pages describing "External Modulation" starting a p.41. If you find it hard to follow, have a tech-y friend take you through it.

rptravis

Well that was a good thought and I tried it not too hard true but unfortunately the feedback of a delay “This parameter not controllable by remote” the window stated after pressing done. So I will deal with the 4000 quality I just wish you guys incorporate this seague feature in the next version and have 2 engine’s to accomplish it or what about just pop out with  a GTR 7800  I am dreaming And of course the biggest wait is 24 bit 192k A-D & D-A  it is  phenomenal Plus a more user computer interface would complete the picture. I will always be a Eventide fan but this would make you beyond the best on the planet.

Richard

Ledzep.net

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can you tell me the preset and parameter you are trying to control ? Please name at least one.

And, what software version are you running ? What you are trying to do should be possible.

We already make a machine with 2 engines – it is the H8000. Sadly for you, the second engine requires more dsp, which the H8000 has, and the 7600 does not, so a software upgrade will not give you what you seek.

rptravis

The effect is Pin Pong  # 524 and the parameter is Feedback  To start the effect at 99% and at the right time use the pedal to back it down to about 70% is what I wanted to do. Another thing I have noticed online is that people have had problems with the Behringer FCB1010 which is what I am using.

Richard

rptravis

The software version is 5.5 But all in all I wanted spillover and it was a Eventide sales rep that guided me to the 7600 not the 8000 as the replacement for my GTR 4000. I did look thru the manual and did not see segue which is what it is called in the 4000 And it is nowhere to be found So what do I do now Please advise me When I bought the 7600 was it not available and now it is but not in the manual???

Richard

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        rptravis wrote:

I did look thru the manual and did not see segue which is what it is called in the 4000 And it is nowhere to be found So what do I do now Please advise me When I bought the 7600 was it not available and now it is but not in the manual???

Sorry – don't quite understand. The 7600 is a different machine from the GTR4000, and does not have the "segue" capability, never has, and (probably) never will. The reason for this is that the hardware is very different.

I really think that I have said all that I can on this topic.

rptravis

Why are you stating the 8000 is what I should have with dual engines if the is no segue That is the spillover I was talking about from the beginning of this thread. So back to my first post the only way is to have 2 processors with a mixer. You stated a 8000 that has 2 engine’s If it does not have segue then how could it be done? Again I was told by a Eventide Sales & Product rep the 7600 was the replacement for the 4000 then you say 8000 now we are going in circles Can you explain. I feel that leaving segue out as a feature is lioke getting a luxury car with out dual air conditioning. I came to this forum for GUIDENCE Of what I can do to get what was available before and was left out on the new model.

Richard

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.