4.0 beta update time

Home Forums Products Rackmount 4.0 beta update time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      lcampbell
      Participant

Hi All,

How long should the update process take using a flash card? 

Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It should take a minute or two, no more.

If it appears to hang before reaching "PROGRAMMING COMPLETED", repeat with a different or FAT reformatted card.

lcampbell
      Participant

Thanks. My unit flashes briefly then shows "Eventide software update utility V2.04". Also the TAP light and busy light glow solid.

I have read through the release notes and the updating procedure but am unsure as to how I should proceed, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If it shows no activity beyond that you describe, it is probably a card issue, so you should follow the advice in my previous post.

Otherwise, describe what you see in great detail …

jcshirke
      Participant

Where was your previous post? I'm having the same problem as described above.

Thank you,

Jeff

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

About 2 or 3 posts above:

Wed, Jul 29 2009 1:45 PM

It should take a minute or two, no more.

If it appears to hang before reaching "PROGRAMMING COMPLETED", repeat with a different or FAT reformatted card.

lcampbell
      Participant

Thanks Nick… My compact card is a Sandisk 1.0GB formatted as MS-DOS (Fat 16) is that the correct version of FAT. I understand from other posts that the card should not be FAT 32.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's hard for me to be sure. MS-DOS could mean either FAT or FAT32. They are both MS-DOS formats.

You are correct in noting that FAT would be more correctly named as FAT16. Also for this upgrade it may not be FAT32.

A 1G card is probably FAT, but it could be FAT32. If you are having trouble the best thing is to reformat as FAT (to be sure), or to use a smaller card, which is unlikely to be FAT32.

AngelFire

Icampbell,

I had a similar experience with a Canon FC-8M (8MB) CF card. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the card because the same ard worked for the v3.51 (and later the v4.0 update). 

I posted it in this thread:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/5586.aspx

In short, I couldn't update directly to v4.0 but it worked when I did v3.51 first.

bt

jcshirke
      Participant

Bless you, my good man. I had to update to 3.51 first before my machine would accept 4.0. It wasn't my card after all. All is well.

Thanks,

Jeff

lcampbell
      Participant

Thanks AngelFire & Nick!, that did the trick! I was at Version 3.1. I used the same card (that I thought was giving trouble) and did the 3.51 update then 4.0 Beta and everything works!

Thanks again!

AngelFire

I'm glad it was helpful. 😉

It drove me a little crazy at the time. The card had worked before for presets but the direct update to 4.0 didn't work. I didn't know any better because I had never updated from v3.1 – I thought I must be doing something wrong. Given the choice between trying the v3.51 firmware and attempting to scrounge up a serial cable – it seemed likely a futile attempt but easier to verify that there wasn't a problem with the procedure I was doing or a corrupted download. But it turned out to work well. 😉

It also makees sense in retrospect that v3.51 to 4.0 was the route that was tested internally.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This is why we have Beta releases – our users are certain to try things that we haven't thought of.

Although, in retrospect, we could have tried this one.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.