Home Forums Products Rackmount 4.0 update freezes up my Eclipse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      LVC

Updated to 4.0 today

1) lost all of my presets

2) System freezes

I have to shut it down and restart it to keep on going.  It freezes up when i try to create/customize presets (since all of my old ones got deleted)

Already re-installed 2x and it keeps doing the same thing

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having problems. Since this is a Beta release, I would suggest that you consider going back to the previous full release (3.51).

Alternatively, if you are interested in spending time to work with us to resolve the problem, it would be helpful if you gave us more information. For example:

1) Did you clear setup as recommended after the update ? If not, do so.

2) What was your previous version ? If it was not 3.51, install 3.51 and then re-install 4.0.

3) What is the exact sequence of events from power-up to the freeze you mention ?

LVC

1) Did you clear setup as recommended after the update ? If not, do so.  * Yes I did

2) What was your previous version ? If it was not 3.51, install 3.51 and then re-install 4.0. * 3.51

3) What is the exact sequence of events from power-up to the freeze you mention ?

first time it happened when I went into "Levels" and started putting in my original values (they got cleared out in in setup). I restarted the unit after the freeze and started to recreate a couple of patches I had before (reverb 8 and Reverb8/Vintage Delay) Loaded Reverb 8 (modified) and system froze. I reloaded 3.51 and everything worked fine — no problems. I re-install 4.0 (cleared setup and internal RAM)  — clicked on first patch "mute" to start and recreate my patches again — same thing happened — system froze.

Reinstalled 3.51 and have not had a problem since.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for your reply. Alas, no obvious explanation at this time as we cannot duplicate the problem. We'll keep on trying.

We will fix the various update issues for the next version, which will hopefully resolve your problem.

ddotmusic
      Participant

I updated to 4.0 beta. The unit was fine for about a week or so, Came in this morning and powered up. I noticed that the screen was stuck on "loading program". Cycled power. Same result. Re-installed 4.0, powered up, same result, stuck in the fetal position. Very odd, considering that it was stable yesterday. I'll guess I'll try to "downdate" it back to 3.5.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Before "downgrading", try holding down the PROGRAM key at startup to blow away the loaded program.

Do you happen to remember the last program you loaded ?

ddotmusic
      Participant

Dang, I downgraded before I read this. I'll give 4beta another try and use this procedure if it happens again. Thanks.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.