4000 analog I/O question

Home Forums Products Rackmount 4000 analog I/O question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Crash
      Participant

I am trying to find out if the analog I/O card between a 4000 and a 4000B+ are interchangeable. Anyone?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I believe they are similar, but cannot say whether they are interchangeable – don't think we have ever tried.

Crash
      Participant

Thanks for the reply Nick. I recently purchased a working 4000 B (not + like I listed above, my bad) for stupid cheap. I also have a line on a 4000 that is throwing an analog I/O test failure 1000 message, so I am trying to see if it might be worth getting the unit and using my B unit as a donor for troubleshooting. I like the 4000B but I really don't have a use for all of the radio geared presets and feel the 4000 would better suit my mix needs. If there is a way to turn my B into a straight 4000, that would work too but I am guessing with the age of these units, that is not feasable. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge on these animals.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try wiggling any socketed parts, and maybe some switch cleaner on the board edge pins.

Crash
      Participant

I don't have the unit, so it is a bit of a gamble I am trying to weigh the worth of I suppose. Would Eventide sell me an analog I/O board? I have done more research and it looks like the boards between the 4000 and the 4000B are mighty close, if not the same. Owner says this unit will not pass any audio even after he hits the continue button. If Eventide would sell the I/O board, I would be tempted to give it a go, heck I got lucky with the 4000B in my rack.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Eventide might or might not have the board – it depends on the age of the unit. Also, be warned, it may be something else – just because there is no audio, it does not mean that the audio board îs at fault.

If you want to continue with this, your best bet might be to send it in for service. If it is not electrically damaged, this might be the best solution.

Crash
      Participant

I understand what you are saying Nick. I figured I would start there since that is the error message the unit is showing. I would get in the unit and see if there was anything obvious before proceeding, just trying to see if there are parts out there to fix it if needed. This is all part of my research to see if it is worth the gamble.

There is another unit out there that seems to need a software restart on occasion that also has me interested. Not sure what to make of that one, maybe heat related, or power drift? I just wish there was a way to turn my 4000B into a 4000. I don't need all of those whacky morning zoo radio type presets.

Thanks for chiming in with your info. Nick.

Crash
      Participant

I received more info: on the 2nd unit I mentioned above. It has the "ERROR-Suggest Power-Down" "host: HC Error" message popping up from time to time. Does that mean anything to anybody?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It means that the DSP has a problem. What to do depends on when it happens, but it may be a hardware fault.

Crash
      Participant

Owner says three to four times a month. Reboot clears it up for a bit. Here is a link to the unit in question:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35fqircafus3joc/Eventide%20Video.MOV?dl=0

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.