5.1 Homestudio Setup

Home Forums Products Rackmount 5.1 Homestudio Setup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      threiter1

Hello,

I'm a guitarist and my current stereo homestudio setup is like this:  The H8000FW is directly connected to 2 active studiomonitors (using AES/EBU), furthermore the H8000FW is connected to a PC (using Firewire).  The PC has some recording software. That's all, there is no further hardware yet. 

I have decided to dive into 5.1.  My final goal is to produce 5.1 Music and burn it on whatever means in whatever format (both to be decided inj the future). 

What would be the next step? Setting up a 5.1 environment and trying out all the H8000FW  5.1 presets and listen to them? If yes, how? It is absolutely clear that I need more loudspeakers, but how shall I connect them to The H8000FW?  The H8000FW has 4 AES outputs on the back, but the manual talks about 8. How can I get access the other AES outputs?

The eventide dice user interface offers different Speaker settings, 5.1 being among them. Is this the right way to go? Honestly I have no imagination about the role that eventide dice could play here…  

Questions over questions…but the basic question is what step would you recommend me to do first?

Thanks, Thomas

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

threiter1:

The H8000FW has 4 AES outputs on the back, but the manual talks about 8. How can I get access the other AES outputs?

The other 8 AES outputs are on a DB25 connector on the back panel. This is a TASCAM format, and suitable snakes to connect to it are available from various sources (e.g. Digidesign). See the User Manual for more info.

You could also use the analog output or S/PDIF.

The Speaker Settings for the Dice driver will probably not be helpful.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.