7600 is jumping 2 or 3 presets for one button push – Eventide support please look!

Home Forums Products Rackmount 7600 is jumping 2 or 3 presets for one button push – Eventide support please look!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      M-Goldie
      Participant
      My 7600 is intermittently jumping 2 or 3 presets for one button push.

I mentioned this in another thread but I think it’s a separate issue so here’s a thread.

I have also emailed Eventide support and had no response at all. which is unusual.

Video of my issue below – note how I’m pressing the advance one group button and the display is intermittently advancing by 2 or 3 groups.

Also please note that although it isn’t shown in the video the same thing happens if I use the lef/right cursor keys, so it’s not a dodgy button, it’s a software thing.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You don't say what software version you are using (sigh). But, I tried V5.5 and 5.6, and can't duplicate it. If you are not using 5.6, I would suggest you update, and then do the recommended clear setup.

If you are using 5.6, I would suggest that you do a clear setup, disconnect any MIDI connections, and remove any card from the slot. If this does not do it, backup any user programs and then do a "Clear internal programs and setup."

If this does not do it, I'm out of ideas. If the unit is still under warranty you could send it in. It really does look like contact bounce, even though you believe it is not.

M-Goldie
      Participant

OS is 5.51 beta

v5.5 and v5.6 are H8000 OS, I have a H7600, have you tried to test on a 7600 please?

should I revert to 5.22?  (don’t know what happened to 5.3 & 5.4?!) 

If it was contact bounce it would be very unlikely to develop the exact same fault on both the 1-4 cursor keys and the arrow keys at the same time surely?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I tried 5.51B and 5.611 (internal release) on a 7600. Did not see your problem. Please try the resets I suggested and tell me how you get on.

If these don't help, you may need to send it in.

M-Goldie
      Participant

Still the same unfortunately 🙁

What’s the process to sed in, I’m in UK.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should contact your dealer, or support@eventide.com.

If you are in the UK, you might want to ask yourself how big a problem it really is, given the cost and aggravation involved in sending it to the US.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.